233401 Bullies, 3967 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 65
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Robot Jesus is offline
    Robot Jesus's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    431

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 4:27pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    stupid question of which there is much discussion

    recently discovered that every episode of highlander the series is on youtube. this has led to debate about best weapon to use. Unfortunately the only weapons training I have is a bit of the chun, that is to say worse then none.

    so experts, what weapon would be ideal for kicking ass and taking heads? you know, other then shotgun and a hacksaw. if concealed carry is an issue? if not?
  2. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,716

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 5:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh that's easy.

    The "Flying Guillotine". Wield this bad boy with expert timing, and there will be only one in no time!
    YouTube- The Flying Guillotine

    I done properly, no one can defense.

    Not even the Kurgan.
  3. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 6:59pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    so experts, what weapon would be ideal for kicking ass and taking heads? you know, other then shotgun and a hacksaw. if concealed carry is an issue? if not?
    If concealment is an issue, carry the biggest khukuri you can—Crocodile Dundee style.

    If concealment isn't an issue, carry the biggest khukuri you can—strapped across your chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  4. Lindz is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,022

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 7:06pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: comparison shopping

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That yoyo saw thingy from octopussy
  5. Carpe Noctem is offline
    Carpe Noctem's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Too close to Flint
    Posts
    899

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 7:33pm


     Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carrying anything "Dundee" style has the tendency to print through even a heavy jacket. A Maringer-style rig (kydex sheath that breaks straight out to the front) on your strong side has a better likelihood of staying concealed. A Bowie in a traditional slip sheath can be hidden in the waistband, but sitting becomes problematic depending on the size of the knife.

    On the other hand, getting busted carrying anything like that outside of a woodland/camping scenario will make you Bubba's roommate very quickly.
  6. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,623

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 8:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    recently discovered that every episode of highlander the series is on youtube. this has led to debate about best weapon to use. Unfortunately the only weapons training I have is a bit of the chun, that is to say worse then none.

    so experts, what weapon would be ideal for kicking ass and taking heads? you know, other then shotgun and a hacksaw. if concealed carry is an issue? if not?
    Interestingly enough I do know Adrian Paul's styles from Highlander, which he uses in his stunts/filming. He's studied many but during that time he practiced both Choy Li Fut and Hung Gar, both popular southern Chinese boxing styles with good reputations in combat. You can see some of those techniques in the opening credits when he is performing his fist set, at 1:13 (I see a hung ga single bow fist at about 1:15)

    YouTube- Highlander TV Opening Theme - Version 2
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/02/2010 8:31pm at .
  7. Punisher is offline
    Punisher's Avatar

    Seeker of Truth

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,943

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 8:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Dog Brothers pretty much answered this question through emperical experimentation.

    The simple stick beats pretty much everything besides a sword.

    Sticks, unlike other weapons, don't set off metal detectors and can be openly carried without people freaking out on you and calling the police. The same cannot be said about a katana.
  8. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,716

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 9:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    The Dog Brothers pretty much answered this question through emperical experimentation.

    The simple stick beats pretty much everything besides a sword.

    Sticks, unlike other weapons, don't set off metal detectors and can be openly carried without people freaking out on you and calling the police. The same cannot be said about a katana.
    But the stick does not decapitate. Sure, it can brain and bludgeon, but it doesn't cleanly separate the neck and spine with nearly the simplicity, nay grace, of the flying guillotine.

    With this criteria in mind, I'm thinking, "1950's era seat belt". th3 r341 d34d1y!
  9. MrGalt is online now
    MrGalt's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Back in Tennessee...sigh
    Posts
    973

    Posted On:
    8/02/2010 9:39pm


     Style: Seidokaikan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    300 years of steroids and you won't need tools.
  10. Punisher is offline
    Punisher's Avatar

    Seeker of Truth

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,943

    Posted On:
    8/03/2010 1:43am

    supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    But the stick does not decapitate. Sure, it can brain and bludgeon, but it doesn't cleanly separate the neck and spine with nearly the simplicity, nay grace, of the flying guillotine.

    With this criteria in mind, I'm thinking, "1950's era seat belt". th3 r341 d34d1y!
    In that case, garden shears.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.