Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 11:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moving forward while covering up is legit, but can easily become a crutch to not learn how to evade properly. Plus, if you're strictly boxing and can't throw/knee in the clinch, meh. It takes more courage & skill to keep moving and throwing instead of jamming them up close. You can pick that up later, it's not hard.

When you say, "blocking with your hands", if you mean, answer the phone/comb your hair, don't just use your arms, twist your body as you do it, keeping the other hand by your jaw & your eyes on your opponent. That way the blocking motion naturally cocks you back for a return-fire punch.

I have better advice for you when you've been doing it longer, though you may not need it then.

P.S. What do your coaches say? Seriously, are you asking them for help?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 11:56pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason its just boxing for now is just to slowly work us up to full thai sparring. As a newbie I much appreciate the lack of kicks for now since its just one more thing I have to worry about.

My couches say what I already know, Move around, start attacking after blocking a few, use my footwork. The problem is that because of my noobness I can't tap into any of that cause it all gets thrown out the window the second I get pressured

But like it was stated, I'm gonna shut up and train

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 2:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tbh the fact you seem to appreciate why you suck is a good sign.

If you have access to a bag, focus on throwing your punches and then preemptively moving your head/feet. If you make it a habit at least half the time in sparring you'll avoid a good punch and everyone will think you have good reactions.

watch mike tyson videos on youtube, most of his head movement was preemptive rather than reactive.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 11:47pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have come to learn it's the bullshido way. If your a noob and you suck, you look more credible if you don't deny it, but rather embrace it.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/07/2010 9:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    tbh the fact you seem to appreciate why you suck is a good sign.

If you have access to a bag, focus on throwing your punches and then preemptively moving your head/feet. If you make it a habit at least half the time in sparring you'll avoid a good punch and everyone will think you have good reactions.

watch mike tyson videos on youtube, most of his head movement was preemptive rather than reactive.
    Once I learned this, it was a major player in my boxing defense. I always assumed that all boxers just had incredible reactions, and though accurate, maintaining movement is key as well.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12