Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 8:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The biggest thing I gained from TMA forms is the ability not get tired from taking low stances in boxing. lol. It contributes greatly to punching power in tired rounds as your leg springs are still alive. Holy **** I've been watching too much Hajime no ippo. Of course, I supplement it with squats and monkey shitters. Honestly, I think forms can really help clean up very minute details in punching form and stances in transition. But thats it. Its nothing that wil make a break a fight in general terms, and there are so many other aspects to fighting that its not worth training it unless you've attained a very high level of fighting sense and you can really benefit from cleaning up those little bitty details (of which status I do not have).

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 10:41pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    Well a broken clock is right 2x/day, you got it right because you were lucky.

As well as those who measure another's intelligence according to concurrence with their own opinions. :new_sleep
    So you admit, despite your pseudonym, that you have no scientific basis for your opinion? Wow, complete **** nuttery on your part. Tell me again why you think you're a *****?

BTW I've actually produced video of my students doing forms and then executing them in tournaments against opponents. Please provide video to counter my argument.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 12:41am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can define TMA in two words: CULT-MENTALITY.

The glorification of kata is the heart of Bullshido; i.e. they take something crude and primitive, that was simply used as the cheapest method by which a third-world military dictatorship taught H2H combat to legions of illiterate superstitious soldiers, hundreds or thousands of years ago-- and so it became essentially caveman "warrior-rituals--" and these TMA cultists think they've freaking discovered The Ark of the Covenant, i.e. some type of magical Indiana-Jones "lost magical religious-secret'" that exceeds all modern weapons including the H-bomb, just like in the movies.

Hell, you should see the crap that these clueless internet Seagal-fanwankers spew about aikido, because they say "it was designed for war" Yeah, so were the lance, pike and plate armor, but gimme a little bitty .22 pistol anyday against that.

But still, the anti-scientific TMA-cultists go on swilling the kool-aid and chanting the mantra's about how TMA is better than all modern MMA because it's based on "ancient Chinese secret!" but that these Calgon-techniques are "too dangerous to test" (again like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones is too dangerous to open--when in REALITY, it was just a sort of portable Vatican-in-a-box used by Jews who were lost in the desert for 40 years because Moses wouldn't ask for directions).

In short, TMA's like any cult: i.e. it's a conceit by losers in denial-- including pretend-guru "masters" who pretend to have some great secret, and peer-approval by fellow losers and cultists... both of which are more addictive to losers than crack-cocaine.

And so they sail off into cult fantasy-land, where a "chi-strike" can destroy an M-1 tank.

(CLOSE YOUR EYES! DON'T LOOK, IT'LL DESTROY YOU! :-D

Whatever you think about Penn & Teller, you have to admit they nailed it with regard to TMA-losers, except for expressly naming it as a cult.
    1 Samurai were literate and did Kata.

2 Alot ok Kata were not taught to legions of soliders but taught to family and village members and alot were not designed for war but for other things.

3 Almost every (if not all) UFC fighters does or has done a form of TMA.

4 Are you saying that there were cavemen hundreds or thousands of years ago praticing Kata?

5 Stop putting all TMAers in one big group it makes you sound idiotic.

6 It is funny what you are describing is not really done as much by the TMAers but more so by people who have a modern martial art (most of claim it is ancient).

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 12:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post

I know for example that IIF has done Xingyi WAY longer than I have. Matter of fact he has done it longer than I've done all of my martial arts, which is about 10 years. So maybe he can correct me. But he said a lot about Xingyi and boxing being similar, and I can see some of that. But if all things are equal, I think boxing (kickboxing for me) does a better job of getting you there quicker.
    Yes unless you have a really progressive teacher. Not just a good teacher a progressive one.

I hate to say it but, what you just described is not "Sanda" as a separate style. It sounds like it is being used as a rule set.

Yes, semantics but there you go.

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 1:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post

They have a highlight video on youtube but it is kind of old. Thanks for the brain storming, it helps me put some perspective on things.
    Link please?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 2:14am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course; like yoga, it avoids the hard work of real training.

Forgive me, I thought this was BULLSHIDO.NET. I seem to have typed in TMA-wankers.com by mistake.
    :deadhorse
    Pointing out the BS in a MA and just going around and bashing the systems that we don't like are two different things, you are "scientific" enough to understand that right?

moron:new_blueg

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 10:24am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can define TMA in two words: CULT-MENTALITY.

The glorification of kata is the heart of Bullshido; i.e. they take something crude and primitive, that was simply used as the cheapest method by which a third-world military dictatorship taught H2H combat to legions of illiterate superstitious soldiers, hundreds or thousands of years ago-- and so it became essentially caveman "warrior-rituals--" and these TMA cultists think they've freaking discovered The Ark of the Covenant, i.e. some type of magical Indiana-Jones "lost magical religious-secret'" that exceeds all modern weapons including the H-bomb, just like in the movies.

Hell, you should see the crap that these clueless internet Seagal-fanwankers spew about aikido, because they say "it was designed for war" Yeah, so were the lance, pike and plate armor, but gimme a little bitty .22 pistol anyday against that.

But still, the anti-scientific TMA-cultists go on swilling the kool-aid and chanting the mantra's about how TMA is better than all modern MMA because it's based on "ancient Chinese secret!" but that these Calgon-techniques are "too dangerous to test" (again like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones is too dangerous to open--when in REALITY, it was just a sort of portable Vatican-in-a-box used by Jews who were lost in the desert for 40 years because Moses wouldn't ask for directions).

In short, TMA's like any cult: i.e. it's a conceit by losers in denial-- including pretend-guru "masters" who pretend to have some great secret, and peer-approval by fellow losers and cultists... both of which are more addictive to losers than crack-cocaine.

And so they sail off into cult fantasy-land, where a "chi-strike" can destroy an M-1 tank.

(CLOSE YOUR EYES! DON'T LOOK, IT'LL DESTROY YOU! :-D

Whatever you think about Penn & Teller, you have to admit they nailed it with regard to TMA-losers, except for expressly naming it as a cult.
    BTW since you like to like to group all TMAis in one category and call us ignorant please go find, Chuck Liddell, George Saint Pierre, Karo Parysian, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Sylva, Mauricio Rua and the myriad other TMA fighters that they are cult and ignorant.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes unless you have a really progressive teacher. Not just a good teacher a progressive one.

I hate to say it but, what you just described is not "Sanda" as a separate style. It sounds like it is being used as a rule set.

Yes, semantics but there you go.
    Yeah, that's what I started thinking. That Sanda was being used like we use MMA. As a rule set to compete but not a separate art.

It was a good learning experience, but I think I like kickboxing better. Personal preference.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 10:04pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    BTW since you like to like to group all TMAis in one category and call us ignorant please go find, Chuck Liddell, George Saint Pierre, Karo Parysian, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Sylva, Mauricio Rua and the myriad other TMA fighters that they are cult and ignorant.
    Do not forget Brock Lesnar and every other UFC fighter that has done Wrestling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 1:46am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedycerviche View Post
    Do not forget Brock Lesnar and every other UFC fighter that has done Wrestling.
    is wrestling a TMA?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast