Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 2:21pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This forms thread doesn't suck cocks, so I'm going to give my serious opinion.

I like kata. Not because I think they're beneficial or anything, I just like them. My favorite is a toss-up between Saifa or Seiyunchin. I'm not gonna win any kata competitions, I just like doing them and I make sure it doesn't get in the way of my conditioning or basics.

But if I had to pick between doing only kata and only bagwork/sparring forever, I'd pick sparring/bagwork. It's only logical.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 2:38pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like forms too. And I hate to question my teachers because I don't want to disrespect any of them. They have proven themselves in the ring, doing the forms that they teach. But I keep having this nagging feeling like I am letting myself be blindly led, just because I like the school and teachers.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 2:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    Two words about TMA: CULT-MENTALITY.
    The glorification of kata is the heart of Bullshido; i.e. they take something crude and primitive that was simply used as the cheapest method of a third-world military dictatorship to teach H2H combat to legions of illiterate superstitious soldiers hundreds or thousands of years ago, and so it became essentially caveman "warrior-rituals." So the TMA-cultists think they've freaking discovered The Ark of the Covenant, i.e. some type of magical Indiana-Jones "lost magical religious-secret'" that exceeds all modern resources, just like in the movies.

Hell, you should see the crap that these clueless internet Seagal-fanwankers spew about aikido, because they say "it was designed for war" Yeah, so were the lance, pike and plate armor, but gimme a little bitty .22 pistol anyday against that.

But still, the anti-scientific TMA-cultists go on and swilling the kool-aid about how TMA is better than all modern MMA because it's based on "ancient Chinese secret!" but that these Calgon-techniques are "too dangerous to test" (again like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones is too dangerous to open, being far superior to all modern weapons including the H-bomb, wien in REALITY it was just sort of a portable Vatican-in-a-box).

In short, TMA's like any cult: i.e. they can't hack reality, so they live in denial, preferring to follow hacks who claim to sell them something better-- including pretend-guru "masters," and peer-approval (both of which are like crack for losers).

And so they sail off into cult fantasy-land, where a "chi-strike" can destroy an M-1 tank.

(CLOSE YOUR EYES! DON'T LOOK, IT'LL DESTROY YOU! :-D
    And here I thought you were a fairly intelligent poster. You've got to love the mentality of people who believe something sucks and is useless because they themselves don't do it.

This'd be over a dozen times I've said it in this forum alone. I agree that a lot of forms are obsolete and have been misconstrued. This does not make forms training obsolete. If one thinks that forms are useless then don't do any pre arranged movement: Don't do shadow boxing, don't do two man drills, don't do sequence/lockflow drills.

Come talk to me when your studies are done.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they take something crude and primitive
    nothing is more crude and primitive than fighting. All forms of hand to hand fighting are crude and primitive, compared to say (since you brought it up), atomic weapons.

that was simply used as the cheapest method by which a third-world military dictatorship taught H2H combat to legions of illiterate superstitious soldiers, hundreds or thousands of years ago-- and so it became essentially caveman "warrior-rituals--"
    Which "third world military dictatorship" are you referring to specifically?

Those warrior rituals have spilled a lot of blood by the way. They are pretty effective.

and these TMA cultists think they've freaking discovered The Ark of the Covenant, i.e. some type of magical Indiana-Jones "lost magical religious-secret'" that exceeds all modern weapons including the H-bomb, just like in the movies.
    Since you brought up elements of Hebrew/Islamic scripture, I'd like to point out that the Ark of the Covenant was a real historical artifact, as recorded in both the Torah and the Qur'an.

Hell, you should see the crap that these clueless internet Seagal-fanwankers spew about aikido, because they say "it was designed for war" Yeah, so were the lance, pike and plate armor, but gimme a little bitty .22 pistol anyday against that.
    You need to go read the thread about the Staten Island ninjutsu trainer who had a personal arsenal but was still stabbed to death by two robbers.

But still, the anti-scientific TMA-cultists go on swilling the kool-aid and chanting the mantra's about how TMA is better than all modern MMA because it's based on "ancient Chinese secret!" but that these Calgon-techniques are "too dangerous to test" (again like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones is too dangerous to open--when in REALITY, it was just a sort of portable Vatican-in-a-box used by Jews who were lost in the desert for 40 years because Moses wouldn't ask for directions).
    A lot of TMA artists "test" their "secrets" in sparring practice and in the ring, and the Ark of the Covenant has nothing to do with martial arts. Indiana Jones has nothing to do with TMA.

Whatever you think about Penn & Teller, you have to admit they nailed it with regard to TMA-losers, except for expressly naming it as a cult.
    I have to admit you're a moron.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/01/2010 3:14pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Scientific freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    And here I thought you were a fairly intelligent poster.
    Well a broken clock is right 2x/day, you got it right because you were lucky.

You've got to love the mentality of people who believe something sucks and is useless because they themselves don't do it.
    As well as those who measure another's intelligence according to concurrence with their own opinions. :new_sleep

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I have to admit you're a moron.
    Ignorance is no excuse, but I forgive you anyway because you amuse me. :icon_salu

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I miss TBK.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    I like forms too.
    Of course; like yoga, it avoids the hard work of real training.

Forgive me, I thought this was BULLSHIDO.NET. I seem to have typed in TMA-wankers.com by mistake.
    :deadhorse

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well a broken clock is right 2x/day, you got it right because you were lucky.

As well as those who measure another's intelligence according to concurrence with their own opinions. :new_sleep
    You just went and squeezed the collective intelligence of the entire TMA community into "cult".

I concur with Omega that you are a moron.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course; like yoga, it avoids the hard work of real training.

Forgive me, I thought this was BULLSHIDO.NET. I seem to have typed in TMA-wankers.com by mistake.
    :deadhorse
    I didn't say that I like forms better than training. I said that I like forms. Don't put your assumptions into my words.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast