218358 Bullies, 7478 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 61
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. patio87 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:16am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/DZR JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Losing respect for Kyokushin or I'm a douche bag.

    YouTube- Taikiken vs Kyokushin 1


    After watching that video I have pretty much lost my respect for Kyokushin. Their years of training spent NOT aiming for the head has completely made this martial art useless it appears.

    Any boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer with a year of training would have knocked out either of these jokers in seconds.

    A Judoka at green belt level would have dumped either of them on their heads with the multiple useless lock ups and clinches, either knocking them out there or obviously taking them out on the ground.

    Another thing that has been slowly creeping up in my respect level is Shotokan, I was starting to become pretty confident that a JKA Shotokan Karateka could handle any Kyokushin karateka at his level ON THE STREET, now I'm REALLY confident.

    I'm just disgusted because I sort of idolized Kyokushin(along with Judo, obviously lol) as an ultimate representation of Budo.
  2. Scott Larson is offline
    Scott Larson's Avatar

    Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,807

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:22am


     Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're judging a style by one video? Why do have respect for Shotokan?

    You just don't make any sense.
    ________________________________________

    Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

    http://www.buffalokungfu.com


    http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com
  3. patio87 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:28am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/DZR JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    You're judging a style by one video? Why do have respect for Shotokan?

    You just don't make any sense.

    I make perfect sense, what part of what I just mentioned made no sense to you? I'm watching an actual black belt Kyokushin karateka flail around like a idiot in an actual fight. I think it's pathetic.

    I respect Shotokan because of the explosiveness, I think this gives them a real advantage, especially with their punching, which is going to be your main tool in an actual fight(restricting pants, etc.).
  4. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:50am


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pssst. Shotokan doesn't punch at the head either.

    Since this thread was your first post, you ought to make a thread over in Newbietown for yourself and detail what styles you train in and such.

    As far as the video goes, I think you've never trained in Kyokushin or watched any of them fight. Looked like regular knockdown karate rules to me.
  5. Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs is offline
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar

    fist first Philosopher

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,637

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:52am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patio87 View Post
    YouTube- Taikiken vs Kyokushin 1


    After watching that video I have pretty much lost my respect for Kyokushin. Their years of training spent NOT aiming for the head has completely made this martial art useless it appears.

    Any boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer with a year of training would have knocked out either of these jokers in seconds.

    There's a reason why headshots aren't in the randori/shiai:
    Boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer = gloves
    Kyokushin Karateka = bareknuckle

    Everybody would bust up his hands if they hit bareknucle in the head.
    Look at Seidokaikan to see how Kyokushin looks when they wear gloves.

    Quote Originally Posted by patio87 View Post
    A Judoka at green belt level would have dumped either of them on their heads with the multiple useless lock ups and clinches, either knocking them out there or obviously taking them out on the ground.
    Most Japanese Karateka BB's are also Judo BB's, it's a tradition thingy.

    There's something called "rules", maybe taking them to the ground or throwing them was forbidden in these competitions...by the way the Kyokushinka looked like they performed better in the clinch than their adversaries.

    Quote Originally Posted by patio87 View Post
    Another thing that has been slowly creeping up in my respect level is Shotokan, I was starting to become pretty confident that a JKA Shotokan Karateka could handle any Kyokushin karateka at his level ON THE STREET, now I'm REALLY confident.
    point sparring light contact training against continious full contact sparring? Your confidence will be shaken.

    Quote Originally Posted by patio87 View Post
    I'm just disgusted because I sort of idolized Kyokushin(along with Judo, obviously lol) as an ultimate representation of Budo.
    Why idolize Judo? Any Boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer can beat a Judoka in a Kick Boxing match!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
  6. patio87 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:53am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/DZR JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Pssst. Shotokan doesn't punch at the head either.

    Since this thread was your first post, you ought to make a thread over in Newbietown for yourself and detail what styles you train in and such.

    As far as the video goes, I think you've never trained in Kyokushin or watched any of them fight. Looked like regular knockdown karate rules to me.

    I've seen LOTS of Kyokushin videos, it's one of my favorite martial arts, and if you read my post you would have noticed that I mentioned that I idolize it, so yes I've seen PLENTY.

    And yes, I have never trained in Kyokushin, or any other Karate.
  7. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:53am

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm starting to lose respect for Western boxing.

    YouTube- Boxing

    Hell, any decent wrestler or for that matter someone well-trained in kneeing motherfuckers in the balls would ruin these pansies.

    Also Brazilian jiu-jitsu

    YouTube- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu White Belt Rolling

    You start on your knees in THE STREETS you'd better know how to suck cock!
  8. patio87 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/DZR JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I'm starting to lose respect for Western boxing.

    YouTube- Boxing

    Hell, any decent wrestler or for that matter someone well-trained in kneeing motherfuckers in the balls would ruin these pansies.

    Also Brazilian jiu-jitsu

    YouTube- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu White Belt Rolling

    You start on your knees in THE STREETS you'd better know how to suck cock!

    The boxing example makes no sense, the boxers are actually KNOCKING people out.

    BJJ is specifically grappling, and they dominate in it. How does showing two white belts compare with a Black Belt Kyokushin flailing around?
  9. patio87 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 10:04am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/DZR JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    There's a reason why headshots aren't in the randori/shiai:
    Boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer = gloves
    Kyokushin Karateka = bareknuckle

    Everybody would bust up his hands if they hit bareknucle in the head.
    Look at Seidokaikan to see how Kyokushin looks when they wear gloves.
    Right, but the fight shown in the video WAS bareknuckle fight where they were allowed to hit the face, and the Kyokushin did god awful, this is exactly the reason I mentioned that I was losing respect for Kyokushin. The video shows that Kyokushin is useless in an actual fight.
    Most Japanese Karateka BB's are also Judo BB's, it's a tradition thingy.

    There's something called "rules", maybe taking them to the ground or throwing them was forbidden in these competitions...by the way the Kyokushinka looked like they performed better in the clinch than their adversaries.
    I'm just saying that in an actual fight, a Judoka could easily dominated either of these martial artists in the video. This is of course assuming either of them is not also a Judoka, BJJer, wrestler, etc..

    point sparring light contact training against continious full contact sparring? Your confidence will be shaken.
    I still think a Shotokan Karateka could handle either of them.

    YouTube- KARATE SHOTOKAN JKA Kumite


    Why idolize Judo? Any Boxer/Kick boxer/Thai boxer can beat a Judoka in a Kick Boxing match!
    No arguing there.


    --
    Last edited by patio87; 8/01/2010 10:08am at .
  10. Odacon is offline
    Odacon's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,634

    Posted On:
    8/01/2010 10:13am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best way to solidify your disdain and prove your point is to go to a kyokushin dojo and ask them to spar, both their regular kumite and with head strikes with gloves. Otherwise shut the **** up.

    BTW; Royama's progressive Karate:

    YouTube- Takaaki Enami - Kyokushinkan Accepts Face Punches 914
    YouTube- Kyokushinkan Shinken Shobu clips
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.