Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    You are needed in your hero thread.

    Please report.
    I'm no hero but yeah sure.

  2. #22
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    That was me. Originally it was just "Catch Wrestling Hooker"
    Gotcha. My Bad.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    596
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erik Paulson doesn't teach catch wrestling nor does he teach BJJ, Sambo, Greco Roman or Free Style

    Paulson teaches "CSW" which is a combination of all those (and more)

    I doubt Gene LeBell would claim to teach catch, though he sure as hell has some of its best techniques in his bag of tricks (he said he has 6 or 8 techniques specifically from Gotch and a similar number from Thesz)

    The real story here is that the real grapplers look for what works, and virutally everyone that has some "catch" stuff also relies on BJJ and Judo and wrestling (free style / Greco).

    The only person who tries to push "pure catch hooking" is Tony C. Now go to google and set aside about at 1000 hours to read all about him LOL

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok just on the off chance that this can be salvaged. First off a Hooker is a term used in Catch Wrestling. Its camparable to calling a boxer a knockout artists. Its just an especially good grappler. You could call Gokor a Hooker (notice I said you can I wont be doing that). As for who teaches it Gene knows it and while he is kind of retired he is at Gokors school on Mondays if I recall correctly and if you go talk to him he might be willing to teach you some. When I was there he honestly loved showing his stuff to anyone who was honestly interested in it and sometimes other old wrestlers hang out there with him. Hell he was wrist locking me 5 minutes after I had met him.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Erik Paulson doesn't teach catch wrestling nor does he teach BJJ, Sambo, Greco Roman or Free Style

    Paulson teaches "CSW" which is a combination of all those (and more)

    I doubt Gene LeBell would claim to teach catch, though he sure as hell has some of its best techniques in his bag of tricks (he said he has 6 or 8 techniques specifically from Gotch and a similar number from Thesz)

    The real story here is that the real grapplers look for what works, and virutally everyone that has some "catch" stuff also relies on BJJ and Judo and wrestling (free style / Greco).

    The only person who tries to push "pure catch hooking" is Tony C. Now go to google and set aside about at 1000 hours to read all about him LOL
    Why do you say that. He does have BJJ and Catch classes listed on his site, But i never saw them till lately. He does have a Black Belt in BJJ.

  6. #26
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mider999 View Post
    Why do you say that. He does have BJJ and Catch classes listed on his site, But i never saw them till lately. He does have a Black Belt in BJJ.
    '
    He is trying to explain a very easy concept to you.

    Here, let me do some selective editing to help you out.

    Erik Paulson doesn't teach catch wrestling nor does he teach BJJ, Sambo, Greco Roman or Free Style

    Paulson teaches "CSW" which is a combination of all those (and more)
    The real story here is that the real grapplers look for what works, and virutally everyone that has some "catch" stuff also relies on BJJ and Judo and wrestling (free style / Greco).

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,473
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mider999 View Post
    Why do you say that. He does have BJJ and Catch classes listed on his site, But i never saw them till lately. He does have a Black Belt in BJJ.
    I would explain it to you but you're fucking retarded.:deadhorse

  8. #28
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so can you get that fancy wristlock style keylok on or is it too fiddly?

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    I would explain it to you but you're fucking retarded.:deadhorse
    And yet your still on my threat arent you? Dont you have somewere to be? Isnt it feeding time around your house, im sure they found some road kill youd like to feast on isnt that what the horse you put is for?

  10. #30
    Squerlli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN!
    Posts
    3,683
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does the beginning of this site always come up. It's always catch wrestling and hookers, always. Every single fucking year.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO