Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 10:47am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Painfull stuff from training.

Hi. This is a thread about stuff that bothers our bodies after training. Why? so we can deal with it in a better way. Post tips and tell us about your day after issues if you have any.

I do cuddel jitsu.. and here is my issues.

- My face skin gets really dry and irritated the day after training. I often get alot of small red dots and acne's. I gets even worse if I shave it so I usually don't shave that often. Got any tips for this or maybe know what's causing it?

- I shake abit after training sometimes. I am guessing this has something to do with fatigue and blood sugar levels. Do other people have this? I should probably eat more healthy.

- My vision is sometimes clouded after training. Especially after striking .. what's causing this?

- What makes people vomit under or after training? does it have something to do with oxygen intake? best way to avoid this would probably be to go lighter but.. :P that's not always possible or even wanted.

Post whatever issues you guys have and maybe we can muster some tips and tricks. One more question.. does it help to stretch after training?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stretching after training is a good thing. My hands used to get the shakes years ago when I started heavy bag training and would wail on it as hard as I could.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 2:02pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The shakes and blurry vision are from blood sugar, I think.

I train with a guy who has Type-2 diabetes (it's the one that doesn't require insulin injections which I'm pretty sure is Type-2) and he carries granola if his blood sugar gets too low after hard training.

I dunno what's up with your face, though. Do you rub your face all over the mats while someone else has foot fungus?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 2:11pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    - What makes people vomit under or after training? does it have something to do with oxygen intake? best way to avoid this would probably be to go lighter but.. :P that's not always possible or even wanted.

Post whatever issues you guys have and maybe we can muster some tips and tricks. One more question.. does it help to stretch after training?
    Maybe eating before a class...

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 3:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's Cuddle Jitsu? Is there a lot of hugging in that?

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 3:55pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try putting some hydocortisone/aloe cream on your face after washing up after training. It kinda sounds like you are getting contact dermatitis

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 4:00pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been using an oil free moisturizer and it does wonders especially for after shaving. Way better than painful alcohol based after-shaves.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 6:08pm

Style: Boxing/Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -I used to have a sore back the day after boxing training, until my coach corrected my footwork and stance.

-I've been told that the trembling thing is mostly fatigue, so if you drink some kind of isotone beverage after training and you should be fine.

-About the throwing up: I've heard it mention time and again that athletes (especially in fightsports) throw up after/during a particularly hard training. I've never experienced it myself and I wonder whether I'm not going all the way or these guys are going to far or maybe it just depends on the person...Any thoughts/experiences?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 6:12pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think guys throw up because they ate too much too close to working out and went too hard. Try eating lighter before class and soon you won't be throwing up.

I had a guy that would puke every class until I told him to eat about an hour before claas, if he was destined to have a eggs with hash browns and toast in the morning.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 7:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    - My vision is sometimes clouded after training. Especially after striking .. what's causing this?
    you're getting hit in the head too much.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast