Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Catch Wrestling Hookers (bwaahahahaaha)

Ok. So Only recently have I heard and seen the art of Hooking. Hooking by the definitions I have found means a submission that can make someone tap in seconds. If you look up Tony Cecchine lost art of hooking. You will hear Tony say that Hooking is NOT a submission but rather the KO of grappling. It doesnt give you time to even tap if done fast and properly.

What i wanna know is WHO TEACHES HOOKING. I remember Lou Thesz saying that only Himself, Tony Cecchine, Karl Gotch and Billy Robinson are good at Hooking.

The thing is When i asked Mr Cecchine who teaches hooking in Los Angeles, He tells me to ask Erik Paulson so i ask Erik Paulson he gives me two people one is Gene Lebell one of Tony Cecchine's teachers and the other man is from the Inosanto Academy.

The thing is Gene Lebell i think is retired but his top student GOKOR does teach. I asked Mr Cecchine if Mr Gokor is good at hooking. He replied that Gokor is good at what he does but doesnt do hooking and that i should go to Chicago to learn catch wrestling.

So im super confused. Who exactly teaches hooking in L.A.? I know that when i recently looked up Erik Paulsons website in his classes section it now says that he teaches Catch Wrestling. And i know that some schools in and near L.A. had there instructors certified by Billy Robinson. Yet there's all the flack having to do with scientific wrestling and the BS they said about Cecchine.

So yeah my question is WHO TEACHES HOOKING IN L.A.

Here are some examples of Mr Cecchine doing hooks

YouTube- Tony Cecchine's American Catch Wrestling: Hooks vs. Submission Holds (top wrist lock / "key lock")
    YouTube- Tony Cecchine's American Catch Wrestling: Standing Double Wrist Lock (Kimura)

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're hilliarious. Paulson, Lebell, and Ron Balicki are the guys who teach this. Now get your head out of your ass. You ask a question about who teaches this but then explain what it is. If we know who teaches it don't you think we know what it is?

Idiot.

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    You're hilliarious. Paulson, Lebell, and Ron Balicki are the guys who teach this. Now get your head out of your ass. You ask a question about who teaches this but then explain what it is. If we know who teaches it don't you think we know what it is?

Idiot.
    Im just asking a simple question. Thats why i came here. not to be insulted by internet punks like you. So why dont you get off the fking internet and get a damn life im just doing research. And while your at it forgive your parents for not teaching you any manners.

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post

Idiot.
    Oh and i asked Erik Paulson who teaches Catch Wrestling he never said he did. He only said that Gene Lebell who's retired i think. as well as a man from the Inosanto academy did.

I also asked Tony Cecchine AGAIN lately he or someone answering his mail said that only in chicago you could learn legit catch wrestling this is the second time i contact him. the first time he refured me to Erik Paulson

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mider999 View Post
    Im just asking a simple question. Thats why i came here. not to be insulted by internet punks like you. So why dont you get off the fking internet and get a damn life im just doing research. And while your at it forgive your parents for not teaching you any manners.
    Do you know what the term patronize means **** brain?

Here:
    to behave in an offensively condescending manner toward: a professor who patronizes his students.

If you want to know something, ask, don't lecture. Anything else is patronizing. So my ignorant friend what were you talking about manners? Maybe you should start with yourself.:eng101:

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and i asked Erik Paulson who teaches Catch Wrestling he never said he did. He only said that Gene Lebell who's retired i think. as well as a man from the Inosanto academy did.

I also asked Tony Cecchine AGAIN lately he or someone answering his mail said that only in chicago you could learn legit catch wrestling this is the second time i contact him. the first time he refured me to Erik Paulson

You're a fucking retard. Try the search function newb.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:53pm

Style: JKD/Kali/Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that both Erik Paulson and Gokor are both excellent choices , both will teach full body submissions ( arm locks , leg locks spine etc)
    The Inosanto academy had a Shooto class and a BJJ class
    Why so hung up with Catch wrestling ? Just find a good grappling instructor and train

Tom Mac

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 11:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me know if you move to CA. You can call me a punk to my face.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 12:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Scientific freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. So Only recently have I heard and seen the art of Hooking. Hooking by the definitions I have found means a submission that can make someone tap in seconds. If you look up Tony Cecchine lost art of hooking. You will hear Tony say that Hooking is NOT a submission but rather the KO of grappling. It doesnt give you time to even tap if done fast and properly.

What i wanna know is WHO TEACHES HOOKING.
    Xaviera Hollander :suicide:
    Last edited by Scientific; 8/01/2010 12:38am at .

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so hooking is basically just applying a submission fast and hard? doesn't seem like you'd need a teacher for that one.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast