Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:01am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throws and takedowns and counters to throws and takedowns.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:10am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leglocks. For the love of God, leglocks. It's something that I think is under taught and under appreciated. Granted, maybe that is more of a local thing for me but I just don't see it covered to any great extent. I would also echo the request for sambo/judo throws and sweeps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:23am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Throws and takedowns and counters to throws and takedowns.
    This ^^ Seconded.

I wish I'd had more than a couple of hours at your place and gotten to go over some of this in depth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:29am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moving into clinch range and then take downs from there.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:36am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweeps! :-D

Show a sweep, then show a transition into another sweep or submission if the sweep fails.

Single-level deep (1 follow-up) should be easy to remember and I always love focusing on sweeps myself.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:40am

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throws and takedowns is a cool idea.

I was going to suggest throwing a curve ball and focusing on something that's closely related but different. If it were a grappling audience, it'd be interested in seeing how to integrate some striking aspects, like ways to GnP or avoid getting GnP'd. Or vice versa if it's a striking audience. /shrug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:55am

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Escape from bad positions (side control, mount, back mount). This really is the essence of self defense because when one is in these positions, there is no choice whether to fight or not.

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 1:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't do throws because many won't have the Ukemi for it. You could do takedowns.

I would have two things just in case. Or what I do a lot now, have my material and then how it applies with various types of weapons. So that I can transition into a weapons orientation if I want. But, see below one can obviously do this same idea with any technique and counter.

With the range of this crowd and possible size of the crowd I might like to see you work on "One two to takedown." Anything more sequence wise and people will **** up the learning trying to memorize the sequence, attack too much. I would however make the attacks seperate points that can be explored along the way so people learn both aspects of the equation... so I might teach a really strong punching technique into a clinch with kick to person A and then I can focus on how to do those well... and person B gets to take down Uki defending against a well thrown technique series not just going through the motions.

The beauty of this is that then you can, for example, get into following a real punch that snaps back into a person for the takedown, versus a follow through..... oh boy, too much info. You get the idea.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 1:33am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayman101 View Post
    Escape from bad positions (side control, mount, back mount). This really is the essence of self defense because when one is in these positions, there is no choice whether to fight or not.
    Thats a great idea
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 4:11pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try two or three high percentage throws and drill them into the students. You only have a little time, so you can't teach them too much or nothing will stick.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast