Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 1:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bruce Lees One Inch Punch ?

Hi Everyone, After watching Bruce Lee do his famous one inch punch one question comes to mind, How is it that the person he punches just gets up dusts himself off as if nothing happened. He was wearing no protection. Yet i've seen a proper one inch punch performed (one inch not four inch pretending to be one inch) where the guy getting hit gets hurt and need a while to recover?

So what was the point of Bruce Lee demonstrating the one inch punch?

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 1:15pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I cant imagine a topic that interests me less. I mean, maybe if I had been born 30 years earlier and I had just seen the one inch punch, maybe I'd want to discuss, but seriously?! Do you honestly think you are the first person to try and have a discussion about this?

Use the search function, post in newbietown, enjoy bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 9:38am

Style: TheChun, Xingyi, Chow Gar

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce lees 1 inch punch was just a push using a lot of muscle. If you want to see inch power go train with some good chow gar or xingyi guys. Proper inch power should be sharp and penetrating , causing internal damage.

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 11:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes soldiermedic25 its not the most riveting of topics but I was genuinely interested in why Bruce Lees Punch if as mrmanic123 says that it was a push not a genuine one inch punch. Then why is it held as one of the best examples of one inch punch. Even now ppl talk about BL one inch punch. Yet mrmanic123 says that "chow gar or xingyi guys" can do very powerful internal damaging one inch punch, if thats right why aren't those shown instead? Even on youtube I haven't seen anyone do a proper one inch punch. Mostly either they draw their hand back or they are about four inches away not one inch. Who would anyone recommend (specific persons name not a general style) to be a best example of someone executing the one inch punch currently?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavemaster View Post
    yes soldiermedic25 its not the most riveting of topics but I was genuinely interested in why Bruce Lees Punch if as mrmanic123 says that it was a push not a genuine one inch punch. Then why is it held as one of the best examples of one inch punch. Even now ppl talk about BL one inch punch. Yet mrmanic123 says that "chow gar or xingyi guys" can do very powerful internal damaging one inch punch, if thats right why aren't those shown instead? Even on youtube I haven't seen anyone do a proper one inch punch. Mostly either they draw their hand back or they are about four inches away not one inch. Who would anyone recommend (specific persons name not a general style) to be a best example of someone executing the one inch punch currently?
    You have to remember bruce lee is a movie star not a martial artist. Good on him for doing a one inch punch like that if thats what he wants to go. If you want to push people across the room then i suggest you go copy him. He obviously knows a lot more about fighting than the hundreds professional bounty hunters and soilders that gave us xingyi. It is miraculous that he managed to achieve such amazing skill through the use of science without ever needing to step foot on the battlefield.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 10:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the only way we could ever be sure of bruce lees martial skill would be to send him back in time, give him a broadsword and send him to fight a horde of mongolians. Since that isnt possible we will never know if he was actually any good.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 10:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is not held in the highest regard by all martial artists. It is not one of the best examples of a 1inch punch. No, they can't do powerful internal damage any better than a boxer or a muay Thai fighter.

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 12:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmanic123 View Post
    You have to remember bruce lee is a movie star not a martial artist. Good on him for doing a one inch punch like that if thats what he wants to go. If you want to push people across the room then i suggest you go copy him. He obviously knows a lot more about fighting than the hundreds professional bounty hunters and soilders that gave us xingyi. It is miraculous that he managed to achieve such amazing skill through the use of science without ever needing to step foot on the battlefield.
    Bruce Lee was a Movie Star not a Martial Artist LOL, you need to get your facts right buddy, I think he learned MA way before he ever did movies. You should research before you post my friend.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no silver bullet techniques. The one inch punch is at best a party trick.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 12:33am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this MAP?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast