Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, judo, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ok Bullshido, I have to rant...

So I was trying to sleep, and suddenly I heard a sound of pot smashed outside my door, and couple of people talking, I checked my front door, and my I found my gf's pepper plant was lying there on the road, with the pot smashed, I darted my eyes around the neighborhood, and the only group of people that I can see is these 2 guys who were helping their friend who appeared to be drunk, so I followed them....

After that I found them helping the drunk guy home, I asked them why did they smashed my pot, and their reply was "they didn't see the person who smashed my pot" at this point I know that engaging in aggressive manner was no longer the option, because it's not like I have a definite proof that they were the one who smashed the pot, there's 4 of them so I don't see any chance of me winning(the drunken guy's roommate was outside smoking), and they were about a block away from my apartment.

If I had attacked them, I'm sure it would be considered assault and not defense of property since they are nowhere near my apartment. I do not need an assault charge on my record, I am an international student in this country, and getting a criminal charge can get me deported.

So I went home, fixed the pepper plant, and clean the debris. after that i took picture of the crime scene, and filed a police report online, anything else that anyone think I could've done differently? I'm sure the bullshido lawyers probably have some take in this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:35am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, sucks they were drunk.

My daughter woke up and found a drunk guy sleep in the laundry room in our garage. I called the cops and didn't press charges. Drunks are idiots. Yes, I didn't need to call the cops and handled it myself. It could have ended badly because, that is my daughter.

Unless it was malicious and purposeful who cares? You thought of fighting over a pepper plant? With people you weren't sure did anything. Seriously, think about that.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if the pepper plant IS his girlfriend.. that would make more sense in this whole scenario.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it was them (or at least one of them), they were the only people that was around my apartment during the incident.

you are right a pepper plant is not a good reason to fight, I was just upset since it was my gf's pepper plant, and I imagine she would be quite upset once I called her tomorrow and tell her about this (she's visiting her parents right now)

well this is what I get for living so close to campus I guess...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:49am

Style: Trad. JuJitsu, SanShou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, what if you did get into a fight, landed a blow on the drunk guy (who was cleary not capable of walking properly), he falls down, hits his head on the curb and is hospitalised or worse? Stranger **** has happened.

Even if you did see them do it, over a pepper plant?

C'mon..

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're living on campus why do you have pepper plants outside? Are you at some crazy ass school of botany?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 2:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    if you're living on campus why do you have pepper plants outside? Are you at some crazy ass school of botany?
    I don't exactly live on campus, I live about 5 blocks away from campus, the apartment that where I live right now is basically a 2 floor house that was divided and made into 2 apartments, we have a deck and a small garden in front of the apartment, and my gf has been experimenting with different kinds of plant on that spot

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 3:00am

Style: Judofitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the plant was irritating them and they wanted to teach it a lesson.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 3:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Dude, what if you did get into a fight, landed a blow on the drunk guy (who was cleary not capable of walking properly), he falls down, hits his head on the curb and is hospitalised or worse? Stranger **** has happened.

Even if you did see them do it, over a pepper plant?

C'mon..
    yes, I believe the decision of not fighting was correct, I am glad that I decided not to despite being quite angry at the time...

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 7:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justheretolearn View Post
    I don't exactly live on campus, I live about 5 blocks away from campus, the apartment that where I live right now is basically a 2 floor house that was divided and made into 2 apartments, we have a deck and a small garden in front of the apartment, and my gf has been experimenting with different kinds of plant on that spot
    like these ones?

I mean, it would probably hurt, but some people are into that.
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast