Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that is not the worst of it. It is really embarasing when you drop on an arm lock and they have some sort of weakness (usually the shoulder) and the whole thing pops out.

When and where and how hard a lock is put on will depend on the situation and it is no perfect science. I have never gotten into trouble if I have been alowed to use force gone tha armlock route and have hurt the guy.

for me after I have given somebody a chance to comply and they dont take it I will go for a restraint. If they fight me at that point their own actions are creating the risk.
    From there I will escalate untill I gain control.

you have to realise that I can use force leagaly (under the right conditions). You cannot use force leagaly to stop me.

the not really trying to fight me is the passive resistance removal.
    EG. I am working a pub ask you to leave you dont. eventually there will be force used to ensure you leave the premisis.
    you are not fighting back but are wrestling with me to escape or stand still.
    I am using joint locks and pain compliance to force you to go where I want you to go
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 8/01/2010 12:37pm at .

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering if anyone who had been through similar training had any comments on its usefulness/realism in their experience.
    They are useful on passively resisting subjects and sometimes egressively resisting. They also can be applied as part of group tactics. However, if it's you by yourself and some douchebag decides he wants to fight you, that goosneck **** and straight armbar takedown they taught you is going to be useless. You'd best train some Judo, BJJ or wrestling, son. Because that is the **** that actually works for taking down actively resisting subjects and controling them on the ground where you can cuff them.

I will add, though, that most places I've been at do teach you more than just that gooseneck stuff. Usually they teach you some "self defense" stuff like throwing knees and elbows from close quarters too. Also, last place I was at instituted a "ground survival" class that taught basic escapes from mount and how to get back to your feet. And that stuff was all pretty good, for what it was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    They are useful on passively resisting subjects and sometimes egressively resisting. They also can be applied as part of group tactics. However, if it's you by yourself and some douchebag decides he wants to fight you, that goosneck **** and straight armbar takedown they taught you is going to be useless. You'd best train some Judo, BJJ or wrestling, son. Because that is the **** that actually works for taking down actively resisting subjects and controling them on the ground where you can cuff them.

I will add, though, that most places I've been at do teach you more than just that gooseneck stuff. Usually they teach you some "self defense" stuff like throwing knees and elbows from close quarters too. Also, last place I was at instituted a "ground survival" class that taught basic escapes from mount and how to get back to your feet. And that stuff was all pretty good, for what it was.

Thats... pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Goosenecks to convince a guy he doesnt want to fight, and then subgrappling/boxing for when the guy has already decided he actually wants to fight.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 6:14am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find out for yourself, though, and keep an open mind. I'm no expert and also come from a Corrections background where most uses of force involve several officers on one offender, which usually turns into a pile on. Experiences may vary. So, listen to your instructors and other people in the specific area of LE you are going into.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 2:04am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taser-jitsu seems to be the LEO choice these days. "Don't you think about jaywalking, gramps!" BZZZZZZZTTTTTTT. Even given the isolated deaths, it's still safer than Osoto-ing somebody's brains all over the sidewalk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 4:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDawg View Post
    Taser-jitsu seems to be the LEO choice these days. "Don't you think about jaywalking, gramps!" BZZZZZZZTTTTTTT. Even given the isolated deaths, it's still safer than Osoto-ing somebody's brains all over the sidewalk.
    According to you?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123