Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 7:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I've been using an oil free moisturizer and it does wonders especially for after shaving. Way better than painful alcohol based after-shaves.
    That.

And, UB, are you doing some conditioning or weights in addition to the training?

Looks like the classical bad nutrition/bad cardio there.

If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink, drink less.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 7/29/2010 7:58am at .

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 8:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much water/fluid do you drink before, during and after training?

Your skin sounds irritated, maybe from the sweat drying it out. After you shower following training use a moisturiser, nothing to oily. If this porblem persists you might want to talk to someone.
    Dont shave too close to training and use a better shaving cream.
    Of course, I've never shaved my face, but from experience skin irritation is either caused by bad blades, lack of hydration or something you're using/wearing.

I've never experienced it myself and I wonder whether I'm not going all the way or these guys are going to far or maybe it just depends on the person...Any thoughts/experiences?
    I've never thrown up as a result of training, but one of the guys does occasionally. I honestly think that it has a lot to do with diet and the consistency of your training. I could be wrong, though.

I apparently bruise really easy. Even through my shin guards, and most of the time I dont even know they're there until I get under some decent light. Not much I can do about this, though.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 11:45am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I know I'm going to have a full training day (2 or more sessions), I'll take Aleve/Advil first thing in the morning after eating. I'll maintain the dose throughout the day (every 4-6 hours) and then take it the next morning as well. Joints and tissue tend to feel better after that.

The downside is that it is harder to listen to your body, but that just means you need to know your limitations before stepping on the mat.

I get a deep tissue massage once every 5-6 weeks. It is the kind of massage that gets down to the bone and makes me cry in pain, but damn I feel good the next day.

I use Traumeel gel on bumps and bruises (stuff on the 'surface') and I think it helps to reduce the pain. I notice a difference in pain levels when putting it on my toe or foot after kicking somebody's knee with it.

We have about 6 ice packs in the freezer at all times along with some neoprene sleeves to hold them on to various body parts. Sometimes 6 isn't enough if both my wife and I are aching the same day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 11:57am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vomiting is something I do/come close to doing a lot after Crossfit sessions. I was a bit worried about it so I asked a doctor and he said it is nothing to worry about. Blood is carried away from your digestive tract and sent out to your limbs during prolonged periods of heavy training. That coupled with whatever is in your stomach at the time can make you nauseous. Lower blood sugar and exhaustion can compund the problem plus you are more likely to fill your stomach with water during training. The quickest way to get over feeling green is to get something into your stomach that is easy to deal with like a good quality protein shake or some fruit. Kind of hard to do when you are retching though!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 6:44am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    That.

And, UB, are you doing some conditioning or weights in addition to the training?

Looks like the classical bad nutrition/bad cardio there.

If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink, drink less.
    I live of fast food. Seriously.. I haven't eaten anything healthy for weeks.
    It is not that I want to be unhealthy it is just that it is so easy. fast food is cheap and easy to get.

I am gonna do one final attempt to change my ways though.. because I am moving in with some people that is very into this with health and stuff and I will have access to a full kitchen.

I am not currently doing any conditioning. I take a run in the Forrest sometimes but that's all. I am not willing to put 10+ hours into training each week so I skip the weight training. I understand that this puts me at a disadvantage compared to people that trains this hard.. but.. I would rather just roll a couple of days each week and try to have as much fun as possible. We only live once anyway

I do however want to change my diet. My current diet is so bad that It could actually kill me within 10 years. No seriously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 10:25am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's only when you quit eating fast food that you realise how **** it makes you feel. Seriously, change your diet and quit eating crap. If you eat properly you'll burn fat from having a higher metabolism regardless of training, you'll also have more energy and you'll live longer. Also, if you're only going to do cardio once a week then forget going for a steady run and do some HIT or interval training instead. It's harder but you will get a lot more out of it than jogging.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12