solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Saw the doctor this morning. Torn sartorius and rectus femoris. No surgery or anything but it'll be a while healing.
    ouch dude. sorry to have called it as a torn muscle. when the pain and swelling go down, and you get full flexibility back, you will discover that you have lost strength, so you should start on some PT as soon as you can.

ask the doctor for exercises, or a referral to a PT.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 11:11am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    ouch dude. sorry to have called it as a torn muscle. when the pain and swelling go down, and you get full flexibility back, you will discover that you have lost strength, so you should start on some PT as soon as you can.

ask the doctor for exercises, or a referral to a PT.
    I have a few friends who got that degree. Maybe I can consult with one of them. I don't know much about Japanese physical therapists, although I'm sure my insurance covers it. Hell, it was only 1,210 yen for the doctor's visit today.

My big problem is going to be keeping myself from overdoing this. I usually do 12-15 hours a week in the gym on top of karate practice. After a year of that it's really hard to sit down. I KNEW all day today that I had missed my run and it bothered me. At least a three week vacation will keep me out of the gym, but I won't be sitting still much. I have 18 days to be a real human being before I go back to the ghettoes of Japan and continue my starvation. I can't waste it.

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 3:14pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two things:
    1. Good PTs rock (my wife is one, so I may be biased).
    2. Time off will do you good. Three weeks is nothing in terms of training long-term but it is long enough to heal up many of the little injuries you don't even know you have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 9:49pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two weeks in now, still can't flex my knee past 100 degrees. I'm beginning to worry about my ability to sit on the floor and teach kids for work in another week, and it's a given that I'm not going to be able to sit seiza to bow in to practice.

Since I'm not running any more and have access to all this great American food (and my in-laws are complaining I'm too skinny) I guess I can get back to the gym and build up my broceps while I'm waiting for my leg to work again. I guess that's a plus.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345