Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should see a sports doc. i got kneed hard in the thigh in judo and thought i had a bad charley horse. i was wrong. it turned out to be a torn quad, after getting an MRI.

and you can ice it as much as you can handle for now (15 min on at a time) you wait on heat until the swelling is all gone, then you can still do ice as well.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 8:42pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, when I said you should see a doctor if it tingles, i meant ASAP; you can lose your leg that way if your nerve doesn't get bloodflow it needs

(i am posting this not to sound like a smartass, but because I failed to say it in my first post!)
    Last edited by dwkfym; 7/28/2010 8:47pm at .

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 10:05pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Icing makes such a big difference i wouldn't be suprised if the OP had been able to train the next night should be have used it. When i cop some big leg kicks i'll keep icing 15 mins on, 15 mins off right up until the next session. It makes the difference between being crippled or just having a stiff leg.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 4:10am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a bit improved now. Still buckles if I bend it more than about 20 degrees. In case you haven't noticed, it's the one that looks like a sack of crap.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 9:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't walk in front of a KFC with those, they may throw you in the fryer. I'd skip sparring for a while if I was you.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 12:33pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see a big red mark from all the ICE you are using in that picture! Seriously don't post again until you can't stand the freezing cold flesh on your thigh.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 3:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to get your affairs in order. Sorry, leg kick = dim mak.
    This isn't YMAS. Please stop posting like it is.

To be clear, humor is fine in this forum as long as there is some useful content to go along with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 8:32am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I don't see a big red mark from all the ICE you are using in that picture! Seriously don't post again until you can't stand the freezing cold flesh on your thigh.
    Okay, okay, I have ice on it already. At this point I'm not particularly sure what to ice, so I'm going with the inside since it's bulging the most. No ice on this one since it was taken ten minutes after getting home from work, but remember I was kicked on the outside of the leg and here's the inside. I have to call up Iwataka and tell him he kicked me so hard I have an exit bruise.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 9:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pending

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Okay, okay, I have ice on it already. At this point I'm not particularly sure what to ice, so I'm going with the inside since it's bulging the most. No ice on this one since it was taken ten minutes after getting home from work, but remember I was kicked on the outside of the leg and here's the inside. I have to call up Iwataka and tell him he kicked me so hard I have an exit bruise.
    Haha, that means everything in between the bruise and the exit bruise is bruised. Like a solid black/brown/yellow/purple pipe pushed through your leg to help the visual. Assuming that you're being serious there also remember that the numbness/tingling sensations is what diabetics feel.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 10:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt he was kicked so hard that he developed diabetes.. only chuck norris is capable of that.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast