Flyweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko221 View Post
    The officer came into a situation, i think at a convenience store while off-duty and out of uniform, where someone was robbing the store. The robber put the gun to the officer's chest. The officer's training kicked in, and he successfully disarmed the assailant without a shot getting fired. Unfortunately, he then reflexively returned the weapon to the robber, and was shot.
    Rofl, yeah I'm not buying that.

I think with gun disarms it might be helpful to drill them with airsoft pistols or some such in order to see how effective they are. Please use eye protection of course.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 12:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Rofl, yeah I'm not buying that.

I think with gun disarms it might be helpful to drill them with airsoft pistols or some such in order to see how effective they are. Please use eye protection of course.
    I am with you on taking that with a grain of salt. The major reason being that any time I have trained gun disarms we have taken it in turns which is easier to train anyway.

Rubber band guns are the go

They cost almost nothing are leagal almost everywhere and as an added bonus to stop getting shot you can grab the top of the gun which with a real weapon would be the slide or the hammer.

I have trained a simpler version than the Krav(I will hunt down youtube see if I can find it). And although I have never taken a gun off someone but the theory works well for bottles which I do a lot.

But in alll honesty it would be much of a muchness so long as you are good at it and are comfortable.

A few things to consider.
    Find an inside of the arm and outside of the arm method. They are the two most comon places that you may find yourself. My theory being you will see gun have a **** fit and grab the thing and then have to work from there.

Train from the draw If you can deal with the hand before it reaches the gun it will make life much easier.

Also train rifles which iinvolves different mechanics in removing out of someones grip

And this is just a me thing I don't like to strike. I have enough trouble ripping things out of peoples hands without the added stress of taking one hand off to hit people with.
    (Although I might throw a knee or headbutt in)

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 1:00pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found one possibility so far that isn't unreasonably far and looks like they might know their stuff but I'd like some feedback if anyone is experienced with this group first.
    Hisardut http://www.hisardut.com/ the head instructor is Alon Stivi and the school is located at Newport Beach anyone worked with this guy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 3:32pm

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find something that focuses on immobilization and striking. I hate to say it, but KM has the right idea with always throwing in a knee or an eye jab.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12