Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is terrible news. my thoughts are with Adrienne's family and friends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 2:47pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fox 35 Orlando broadcast live from ATT Longwood last night to report this... very sad to hear, I've thought of competing in that event before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 3:08pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    I read the same thing in another article. Isn't having an ambulance present required by the Florida boxing/athletic commission?

I've heard about shows (not in FL) being delayed because a fighter had to be taken to the hospital, and they couldn't resume until the ambulance returned.
    I found the answer to my question in the Florida Administrative Code:
    (5) Emergency Medical Equipment and Services.

(a) It shall be the responsibility of the promoter to provide the following:
    1. A portable resuscitator with all additional equipment necessary for its operation;
    2. An ambulance with two qualified attendants;
    3. A clean stretcher and clean blanket, to be located along with the ambulance attendants, at a location determined by the executive director.

(b) No match shall begin or continue unless such equipment and personnel are on the premises, in a state of readiness and in a pre-designated readily accessible location known to the referee, physicians and the executive director or commission representative. A portable oxygen supply shall be immediately accessible to the ringside physicians at a location to be determined by the executive director or commission representative.
    This is tragic. If the promoter had followed the rules, they might have been able to save her.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 10:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to say that I was there competing this past weekend in Orlando at the IKF World Championships and watched the entire fight between Scheer and Simmons and also the way Simmons was handled after she had been knocked out....or should I say lack there of. The whole thing is upsetting and unnerving. Seriously. I feel awful for both girls families. Just awful.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 6:03pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/AdrienneSimmons.htm

This is the IKF's statement on what went on

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 6:12pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/AdrienneSimmons.htm

This is the IKF's statement on what went on
    This seems like a complete snowjob, and it sounds like they guilted or coerced the other fighter into it.

The fact that its a memorial page and they bring up,"Questions have been asked to try and find a reason, an excuse or someone to blame for such a tragic accident..." really does not sit well with me. It seems like an affront to the the competitors and those who have to suffer through this loss.

Questions are asked about these events because they need to be asked. The fact they would take exception to this seems very incriminating.

Once again condolences to her family and training partners, and the bullies that knew her too...

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 6:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    This seems like a complete snowjob, and ..
    It sounds like any company that may have done something wrong that led to a death. It was carefully crafted to show that they supposedly followed the rules.

We will have to see what happens.

Condolences.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 9:26pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    and it sounds like they guilted or coerced the other fighter into it.

Lindsay and Eric(her coach) actually both posted their quoted sections on facebook shortly after the incident (Eric posted his when Adrienne's status was still comatose). I don't believe that anyone in the IKF pushed them into writing what they wrote and I don't believe that either of them would even begin to be pushed into writing something they didn't feel.

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just read the post on the IKF website. I'm not sure I agree with everything posted. The comment "Once 911 was alerted, the ambulance was on scene within 3-5 minutes" this may be true but it was at least 15 minutes before Steve Fossom got on the loud speaker and asked someone form the Marriot to call 911. So if you add on the 5 minutes it was still 20 minutes before an EMT saw her. Also the comment "Adrienne sat up and spoke to Dr. Fields and others while in the ring" is hard for me to swallow. I was 20 feet behind the blue corner so I couldn't hear if Adrienne was talking and she may have been but she sure did not sit up on her own accord. They had to sit her up and it was clear she couldn't hold her self there so they laid her back down. Then they shimmied her out of the ring by her wrists and ankles and her trainer carried her away. When he picked her up is was clear she was listless and could not hold her head up. I stood there and watched this with 3 other people. I have no medical training what so ever but it was apparent this was not a normal knock out. I'm not posting this because I'm trying to upset anyone. But if it were me I would want someone to tell what they saw. It was upsetting. Very upsetting. And I feel awful for everyone involved. It really is a tragedy. I hope Lindsay does continue to fight because she is a super talented fighter and seems like a real genuine human being. Its an awful thing to have happened. It may have been able to have been prevented or it may have not. All I know is what I saw and I'm just gonna keep praying for everyone involved.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12