Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My 2 cents on this gun:

I've owned one, and several friends have owned them. There is a big + that the article doesnt mention:

LIFETIME WARRANTY. In practice this means if you bring the gun to the factory broken, they fix or replace it right then and there. Which is awesome

The highpoint carbine is dead on accurate. it is a nice gun to train first time shooters on and is great for new shooters who fear the recoil.

This all being said, it is the ONLY high point product I would touch. Their pistols are garbage. you are better off closing the gap and beating someone with it. Really.

Anyway, nice to be boppingback through

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 3:58pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn near bought one of these yesterday.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:54am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa View Post
    My 2 cents on this gun:

I've owned one, and several friends have owned them. There is a big + that the article doesnt mention:

LIFETIME WARRANTY. In practice this means if you bring the gun to the factory broken, they fix or replace it right then and there. Which is awesome

The highpoint carbine is dead on accurate. it is a nice gun to train first time shooters on and is great for new shooters who fear the recoil.

This all being said, it is the ONLY high point product I would touch. Their pistols are garbage. you are better off closing the gap and beating someone with it. Really.

Anyway, nice to be boppingback through
    From the article!

Manufacturer confidence
    Hi-point has what is almost certainly the greatest guarantee in the firearms business. Quite simply, if it breaks, or doesn't shoot right, send it back and get it fixed or replaced. Period. Forever. Even if you bought the gun at a tag sale. They don't care. If it says "Hi-Point" on the gun. they will fix it and return it. The internet is rife with people singing the praises of Hi-Point customer service. Often, the weapon is returned in two weeks with a couple extra magazines for your trouble. The Hi-Point turnaround time for repairs shames S&W, Taurus, and Ruger; all whom I have personally dealt with.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    9/06/2010 11:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse View Post
    Thanks scrapper! I am heading out to the store right now on lunch to see if they have any used / on sale. I want this gun so bad.
    I want to first note how peculiar this is to a young Canadian living in a big city; lunch time for weaponary.

Also, you should mention you saw the review on this site, I'm sure the guy guys may desire to take a look at the review
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:15am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to add this to the review:

Engineering degree required!
    After about 500 rounds, this thing will want a good cleaning, and will demonstrate this desire by not feeding your ammo properly. The Hi-point feed ramp strikes again!!

To disassemble this weapon is just a little tricky. You will be there for a moment or two twisting, sliding, and prying while you remove all the plastic bits, rails, housings, and bushings. It is neither simple nor intuitive. It's actually worse than breaking down an old 1911. Once broken down, cleaning is simple and straight forward, and reassembly is just disassembly done backwards.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123