Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 8:52pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Spoiler:

Sorry, but that gun has a pistol grip and the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, so under CA law it would be classified as an Assault Weapon- clearly illegal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 2:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That price is very good! I paid the equivalent of 350 dollars for a 9mm Star where I live.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 10:02am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    You might want to keep an eye on this. I think it's going to be interesting:
    http://en.wordpress.com/tag/hi-point-throwdown/

The guy at Multi-gun is an amateur, but fairly serious competitor. He asked for a Hi-Point owner to put his money where his mouth is by loaning him a Hi-Point to use in a season of pistol competition, and a retailer stepped up and shipped him a C9 pistol and magazines. I think he'll give the Hi-Point a fair shake, but it's really a no-lose situation for the Hi-Point fans. If it dies, well, no one really expected more. If he does well with it, then Hi-Point fanboys will cite the experiment for the next 50 years, not without justification.

So far, what he's found out is that:

1. The sights on the Hi-Point are painted with contrasting colors of enamel, and they're actually easy to pick up. Point to Hi-Point.

2. His scale measures the trigger at 10 pounds and change. Ouch to Hi-Point.
    Yeah.. the C-9 sights are actually really easy to spot, but the trigger is a bit of a bear for competition. C-9 can be a real picky eater as well. I love mine, but I think I reviewed it pretty fairly. Not high-end equipment.

i will be watching this eagerly. I actually looked for longitudinal data on Hi-point reliability, but the opinions are far too polarized to be taken seriously.

I think I'll start a thread about testing my C9 as well.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Justin is a fairly serious competitor by my standards, and he loads his own 9mm. He says he will work up a competition load for the Hi-Point just as he would for his CZ (another gun with a reputation for puking) and we'll see what happens. Maybe there's a load that the Hi-Point will love.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 10:48am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Federal FMJ has been 100% problem free with mine. But finding a hollow point hat is reliable has been tricky.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 3:09pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguy View Post
    This looks like a great gun (especially for the price!), but sadly I don't think that they can be legally sold in California. Can anybody recommend a CA-legal carbine?

Thanks.

Ruger PC-9, (9mm) PC-4 (.40S&W) and Mini-14 (.223)

A little pricier that Scrapper's gun, but without the pistol grip they are Cali legal.
    Last edited by joecos; 7/29/2010 3:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 8:13pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, these guys:

http://www.ddsranch.com/cart/index.p...roducts_id=744

Sell the 995 with a "bullet button", which makes the gun Cali legal because it takes a tool (in this case a bullet) to remove the mag, thus defeating the Cali "assault weapon" definition!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 10:33am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did you get the price quotes you used? Checking the Hi-point website the TSFG has a MSRP of 297.. I'd love to only spend 220 on it.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 10:48am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    purchased at Cabela's in East Hartford CT. 219.99 + tax.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...686&hasJS=true

Cabela's website lists them at 249.99, but mine was on sale. If you shop around, you can find them. Even gunbroker has them going for 209.

Never pay MSRP for a gun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2010 11:12am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks scrapper! I am heading out to the store right now on lunch to see if they have any used / on sale. I want this gun so bad.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast