232428 Bullies, 3954 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taylor Lautner is a martial arts prodigy, gushes Abduction co-star (dreamy photos)

Taylor Lautner is a martial arts prodigy, gushes Abduction co-star

Taylor Lautner doesn't just look good; he's actually super-athletic, with stunning martial-arts and gymnastic skills.

In the thriller Abduction, Lautner, 18, does lots of running, jumping and fighting--using the skills he learned years ago as a junior world karate champ.

'HE'S A PHENOM'

"He's a martial arts prodigy," co-star Jason Isaacs told Metro July 25, 2010. "Even at 11 he looked like Bruce Lee. He's a phenomenon; he's like a gold-medal gymnast."

Isaacs, 47, who plays villain Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter saga, was initially apprehensive about doing fight scenes against an expert like Lautner.

Hes been doing karate since he was six!" says Jason. "Ive done 10 kickboxing lessons. Hollywood decided he is the latest action hero apparently, and I'm there in this film to make him look even more muscular. And I'll do that.

This isn't the first time a castmate was amazed by Lautner's super-athleticism. In June, Eclipse co-star Elizabeth Reaser ("Esme Cullen") raved that Taylor was the fittest person she had ever seen.

Taylor, who famously gained 30 pounds of rippling muscle for Twilight: New Moon and Eclipse, reveals he did fight training and boxing for the intense action scenes in Abduction.

"I've been training," Taylor said. "I did boxing training for a couple months. Now I'm into the fight training, motorcycle. 'll do a little swimming training. It's all-around. It's going to be a lot of fun."

'I WANT TO BE JASON BOURNE'

Fortunately, all the action and stuntwork is right up Lautner's alley. Taylor, a junior-world karate champ at age 12, says he would love to be action hero like fictional superspy Jason Bourne (played by Matt Damon).

"I love action, but most important is the story," he says. "And the story behind this action thriller ['Abduction'] is amazing. We got [director] John Singleton behind us. I'm so thankful we're getting a cast like that."

Later this year, Taylor will begin shooting Breaking Dawn, the fourth installment in the Twilight saga. Breaking Dawn will be broken up into two separate films, with Part 1 due out in November 2011.

For now, Lautner is busy shooting Abduction in Pittsburgh, Pa., where he's causing quite a stir with local fans.

"There are hundreds of teenage girls camping out to meet him that have to be held back by barriers," says co-star Isaacs.

From Examiner.com
    Last edited by PizDoff; 7/26/2010 5:11pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 5:03pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am angered by this because he is more muscular and more handsome than me.

Therefore, I will now espouse upon why pretty boys can't fight whilst I cry into my beer.

IT'S NOT FAIR HE HAS EIGHT PACK ABS AND I DON'T. EVEN THOUGH HAVING 13-YEAR-OLD GIRLS TRYING TO FONDLE ME IS WEIRD, WHEN THEY TURN LEGAL IT WOULD BE AWESOME. THAT ****** NEEDS TO DIE SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF.

I thus sob melodramatically into my bag of Taco Bell.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:25pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So dreamy.

"He's a phenom!" Like he knows what a martial arts phenomenon is.

This made me lol.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so I have to admit.....

....some months ago I recalled reading about this premise of a movie with the Twilight d00d described as "similar to Taken but done in Mexico" and I thought it sounded kinda cool.

:end shame

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:44pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It angers me that I will have to see this guy for the next 20 years. In the course of which he will probably prove to be better than me at absolutely everything, including karaoke, and stir frying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:46pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    It angers me that I will have to see this guy for the next 20 years. In the course of which he will probably prove to be better than me at absolutely everything, including karaoke, and stir frying.
    You can join my pity party at any time, my friend.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:59pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damnit Piz, why did you change it back to the shirtless cougar/pedobait photo? Courage Wolf was doing just nicely in that spot.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 10:48pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun fact: Jacob Black is not a werewolf. Werewolves are extinct. He's just a shapeshifter who happens to turn into a wolf.
    I am so dead serious. I just finished chapter 37 of Breaking Dawn.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 6:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fleeing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Fun fact: Jacob Black is not a werewolf. Werewolves are extinct. He's just a shapeshifter who happens to turn into a wolf.
    It says the same thing in the book of Mormon.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 7:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast