Posted On:
    7/25/2010 8:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Traditional KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for school in Northern Cali

Hey all,
    Recently moved to the Sacramento area, actually about 45 minutes north of Sac, but am looking for a traditional kung fu school to go to in the area, looking to go not much further south than Sacramento itself, if any one has a few suggestions let me know. Not entirely picky on the style, and I am already aware of Sifu Chongs school, not to say that I have ruled it out, but was just keeping an open mind as to other schools out there as well. Thank you in advance.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may want to check this school out.

http://www.easternways.com/

I've never been there, but I have a couple of friends into traditional kf that think very highly of it.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Traditional KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the heads up Punisher, I appreciate it, already shot them an email to see what they have to say. Any other ideas would be appreciated in the meantime, so keep em coming. Want to make sure I check out all my options :). Thanks in advance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So did u decide on a school yet? i go to Sifu Chong's School myself. i just started a couple weeks ago.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in Sacramento. Iron Dog Gym is in Sacramento. Not sure how "traditional" WT is but it is CMA.

I would say PM me but you have only two posts, so

EBMAS.USA@gmail.com

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never been to Eastern Ways, but I have seen them perform and sparred/competed against them at Doc Fai Wong's tournament in San Francisco. It seemed a lot like the kung fu school I quit about a year ago- Mcdojo leaning, with several branches. Also it seems very form based over live drilling (they all had point sparring gear and I felt weird sparring them with my san da chest protector and boxing headgear). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were expensive, corporate in approach and requiring contracts, and choy li fut basics as taught in group classes don't fit into sparring well (here in SoCal, the head guy did kempo before clf and you can see it). But I could be wrong and would say that they are at least a so-so school. I think they also use a structure where all their students get private lesson time in addition to group classes, which means they need lots of instructors, which means that they might not have as much experience. As a Doc Fai Wong choy li fut school, it is form intensive and I'm sure that you would learn the correct way to do choy li fut forms. Anyway, check it out if you're looking for kung fu specifically, but if I were you, I'd check out Sifu Chong's school first.