Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 11:45am

Style: MT/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tekken 5 had a great campaign mode...Tekken 6 and scenario campaign mode was ok but the arcade fighting in it was pretty good!

I wonder if there will be Ultra combos in TKvSF seeing the Tekken ultras will be interesting.

BlazBlue 2 is coming out in like 2-3days (I reserved it <3) Mortal Kombat is always fun as long as it stays 2d-3d lol

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My issue with Tekken 6 is that there's no middle ground. Beginners just slug each other forgoing the juggling. Advanced players play footsie until someone lands a launcher and air juggles the **** out of them. It's stupid and not very fun. I play as Dragunov as my main and I rarely juggle. I combo hit into a throw or a takedown and smash people's faces in. It does just as much damage and is much more fun to do. Occasionally I'll do a ground juggle but that consists of me stomping on them and then rolling over into them.

Also, Lars was a fucking retarded addition. I also hate Raven. Hate that wesley snipes ************ to death. I hate how they've copped out and added such shitty characters and have not tried to balance them at all.

Same thing with SF though. There's just some characters that will always suck no matter what. Here's hoping that they'll make this work better. I want to see a good fighting game(s).

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596

Okay, not gonna lie, the game looks pretty cool. Even if it's just the same as the parent engine game with newer characters, the tempo works and it looks fun. I doubt it'll be as balanced and competitive as the parent games, but I don't think it has to be.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596

Okay, not gonna lie, the game looks pretty cool. Even if it's just the same as the parent engine game with newer characters, the tempo works and it looks fun. I doubt it'll be as balanced and competitive as the parent games, but I don't think it has to be.
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be. This is essentially masturbation.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, when you play with friends, that'll make it mutual masturbation. does that mean when you play with strangers it'll be like a swingers club?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:21pm

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    My issue with Tekken 6 is that there's no middle ground. Beginners just slug each other forgoing the juggling. Advanced players play footsie until someone lands a launcher and air juggles the **** out of them. It's stupid and not very fun. I play as Dragunov as my main and I rarely juggle. I combo hit into a throw or a takedown and smash people's faces in. It does just as much damage and is much more fun to do. Occasionally I'll do a ground juggle but that consists of me stomping on them and then rolling over into them.

Also, Lars was a fucking retarded addition. I also hate Raven. Hate that wesley snipes ************ to death. I hate how they've copped out and added such shitty characters and have not tried to balance them at all.

Same thing with SF though. There's just some characters that will always suck no matter what. Here's hoping that they'll make this work better. I want to see a good fighting game(s).
    Hey, I didn't juggle with Miguel either. My sheer Spaniard manliness held my opponent in the air until they died.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 6:08am

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juggling is fine. It's the amount of damage they do which is stupid. They should go back to Tekken 4 damage. Starting in 5 you could win by juggling twice. Which means you can essentially only make two mistakes the entire fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 2:53pm

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't Tekken always a jugglefest? And didn't actual competitive players completely hate 4?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 3:10pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
    Wasn't Tekken always a jugglefest? And didn't actual competitive players completely hate 4?
    arent all fighting games a button mashing jugglefest to some extent, usually its by competative players.

Many didnt like 4 and bitched and moaned about having walls that make damage higher, about uneven floors, that pressing down or up made you move sideways instead of crouch, it was slower, bla bla bla.

And that is specifically what i liked about playing tekken 4, throwing someone down a flight of stairs is a lot more satisfying than doing it on even ground.

tekken 5 and 6 seem to me like steroided versions of tekken 3.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 9:42pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually like 6 because it DOES balance characters for power and speed.

If you are really good and actually play 6 enough, there's ways to get around getting juggled to death. It's all in the timing and knowing the moves. I haven't played 6 in a while, but I used to beat the hell out of people as Steve Fox and Bruce with my backup being Feng and I never relied on juggles to do it.

I'd love to play Street Fighter vs. Tekken, but on the Tekken 6 engine.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast