Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 4:14pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stopped playing the Tekken series after I spent some time with 5.

It was awful. I mean, Tekken 4 barely passed because that bitch they replaced Eddie Gordo with wasn't complete **** and it didn't take 5 minutes to beat the story mode.

I'm with Sirc, though. Tekken Tag is the best one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 10:45pm

Style: Sticks & Jits & Fritz

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    Dude, Marvel & Capcom vs. Mortal Kombat & DC would be nerd orgasm fuel.
    I'd be happy with Marvel Vs DC.

JLA and Titans vs X-Men and Avengers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 10:55pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honest_truth View Post
    I am looking forward to this game because i get to finally enjoy tekken.
    the last good tekken game (excluding tag) was 4, and is still my fav.

Compare the combos in 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Gt6TuzTlQ
    to that bitch lili in 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdgJZDMABZY , especially at the 1:52 mark.

Tekken turned into a juggle fest full of male and female Justin Beiber look-alikes. The long ass combos never worked IRL, but the juggles make it a completely different level of suck

Meanwhile back in streetfighter, this is what counts as a combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L7Zi5I7lY

Which is still a better then T6, you can get a launcher and a couple of hits in or an ultra if you time well, and thats it.
    Too be fair, that footage of Super SF4 is just someone running combo resets on dummies, I've never seen combo's that long during real gameplay. The average combo tends to top out around 3-4 connecting moves and not 10.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 11:39pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too be fair, that footage of Super SF4 is just someone running combo resets on dummies, I've never seen combo's that long during real gameplay. The average combo tends to top out around 3-4 connecting moves and not 10.
    and thats why i am looking forward to the game so i can finally play tekken because currently tekken is ruined.
    and WTF is with all the new generic ass characters.

Before characters had style to them.
    Lei Wu Long was a 5 forms kung fu guy, Law looked like a JKD, Bruce does MT, Steve boxes, Nina grabs wrists, Pheonix looks like Judo brawler and Marduk does MMA.

T6 has got ... bob, miguel, zafina, lili and lars. What the **** do they do ?

spider martial arts, please, unless zafina wants to spider on my clock and lets me shoot web at her, i am not interested in her ****.

Dragunov was the only good addition in the past 2 games. Now this game has turned into 2 caffeine deprived parkinson affected characters doing the macarena for a minute till someone gets a launcher in and proceeds to ass rape the living soul **** out of the victim with a chainsaw shaped dildo turned vuvuzela.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 11:55pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and thats why i am looking forward to the game so i can finally play tekken because currently tekken is ruined.
    and WTF is with all the new generic ass characters.

Before characters had style to them.
    Lei Wu Long was a 5 forms kung fu guy, Law looked like a JKD, Bruce does MT, Steve boxes, Nina grabs wrists, Pheonix looks like Judo brawler and Marduk does MMA.

T6 has got ... bob, miguel, zafina, lili and lars. What the **** do they do ?

spider martial arts, please, unless zafina wants to spider on my clock and lets me shoot web at her, i am not interested in her ****.

Dragunov was the only good addition in the past 2 games. Now this game has turned into 2 caffeine deprived parkinson affected characters doing the macarena for a minute till someone gets a launcher in and proceeds to ass rape the living soul **** out of the victim with a chainsaw shaped dildo turned vuvuzela.
    Welcome to the reality that most Japanese gaming is centred around a small subculture of perpetual man-children. Appeal to the anime fan for instant bucks and forsake everything else but boob physics. DOA hasn't made a fighting game in years but seems content to pump out a new instalments every one or two and manage to stay afloat.

God I miss good Japanese games.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 12:02am

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...To be fair, old Tekken competitive play consisted of fucked up Mishimas wavedashing into combos that raped your life bar.

I just take a little umbrage to the idea that somehow Tekken has gotten less balanced as time went on. You rather get fucked by a Mishima or juggle people? Doesn't matter, all hurts in its own way.

The only fighting game that has a pretty good competitive balance and consistently has so is VF, and few people give a **** about Virtua Fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:24am

Style: No-Gi BJJ/MMA/MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the **** are they going to balance this when half the characters in Street Fighter shoot fire from their hands and projectiles are just non-existant in Tekken?
    You havenít played Tekken games for a while have you? Projectiles are part of the series since T3 and with the "item move" **** in T6 most characters can attack form distance.
    Pheonix looks like Judo brawler
    Am I the only one who thinks Paul sucks at Judo? Goh would rape him any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxd View Post
    The only fighting game that has a pretty good competitive balance and consistently has so is VF, and few people give a **** about Virtua Fighter.
    This.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 6:34am

Style: Hybrid Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man **** this. I was so hoping for Darkstalkers 4 and they pull this ****. Whats next, Capcom vs World of warcraft?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 7:21am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I loved playing the last SF and Tekken, watching the gameplay vid, the guys in audience cheering like it's a stripshow was wierd! This looks cool and and all, defo gonna cop it, but people are getting way too excited lol....it's a game. Serious nerdage going on here, though SF is cool, so I shall allow it.

Hope that **** Dan isn't in it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 11:10am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by keyoz View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Paul sucks at Judo? Goh would rape him any day.
    yeah, he feels like a brawler with some judo throws, i wouldnt place him over a green/blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSpiridonov View Post
    Man **** this. I was so hoping for Darkstalkers 4 and they pull this ****. Whats next, Capcom vs World of warcraft?
    Now why would you want Morrigan Aenslands original PS1 sprite on a PS3 ?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast