Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 12:47pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pacquaio vs. Margarito - official

So looks like Pac will fight Margarito at 154lbs for a vacant jr. middle strap. It's not the match-up that everyone wanted, and sure Margarito is scum because he tried to make an already very dangerous sport even more dangerous by loading his gloves with plaster. That said I think the fight sounds like a lot of fun. Margarito has a come forward throw a thousand punches fight style, and Pac has some of the fastest, slickest feet in the business and a great offense.

here's the link to the story:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...argarito072310

Thoughts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 1:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And still no Pacquiao-Mayweather...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 3:45pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not the match we wanted, but then there was never any guarantee that that wouldn't be an anxious, too-much-to-lose snooze-fest. I think this will actually be a great fight. Margarito has A LOT to prove and has to come out swinging if he's going to have a sniff of redemption. He can really take a punch too.

Looking forward to it.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 4:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not interested in seeing Margarito redeem himself or ever fight again, really.

That **** kills, Lenny.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Margarito's gonna get smashed. Not the most interesting of fights, but I'm certain it'll be entertaining, which is all we can ask for at this point.

isn't Roger Mayweather headed to prison soon? I think that would have kept PBF from fighting anyway, since I don't think he'd take on Pac without him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 10:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, grappling, aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Margarito hasn't looked that good in awhile. That being said, he's a much bigger man and throws a lot of punches. I expect Pac to win but this seems like a lot of risk for no real purpose to me.

If Pacquiao wins, so what? Everyone expected him to. Should he lose, people will say Manny was overrated because Shane beat Margarito and Floyd beat Shane. Nevermind that styles make fights and if it was that simple, Ali would have NEVER beaten Foreman. I mean... Ali went life and death with Frazier and George destroyed him easily.

Finally, I think Miguel Cotto deserves a rematch with no questions about loaded gloves. I believe Margarito would beat him again but Cotto deserves a fair chance to find out.

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 2:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadK View Post
    Margarito hasn't looked that good in awhile. That being said, he's a much bigger man and throws a lot of punches. I expect Pac to win but this seems like a lot of risk for no real purpose to me.

If Pacquiao wins, so what? Everyone expected him to. Should he lose, people will say Manny was overrated because Shane beat Margarito and Floyd beat Shane. Nevermind that styles make fights and if it was that simple, Ali would have NEVER beaten Foreman. I mean... Ali went life and death with Frazier and George destroyed him easily.

Finally, I think Miguel Cotto deserves a rematch with no questions about loaded gloves. I believe Margarito would beat him again but Cotto deserves a fair chance to find out.
    Why? $$$$$ is why.

At the end of the day as much as I hate Arum I agree with him on this call... Margarito is more interesting than Cotto for reasons to be qualified. Cotto is a really good fighter and I think he could have been a lot better but Like Vargus unfortunately circumstances made him a really good fighter instead of a great fighter.

It bugs me because Puerto Rican fighters are so well trained in the ring, like the Cuban fighters as well. Yet you think of the greats and people in this generation allready forgot Benitez who was the real deal... Great Rican fighters are mentioned and we hear about Trinidad who again, is characterized as a puncher and then Cotto who is characterized as a puncher... and both men are characterized as being limited in that respect. Oh well thats just my issue. ha! Cotto could have been a lot better than Trinidad IMO... it wasn;t meant to ne

Margarito may suprise Manny.... Manny went up real quick and had to be on some juice... you don't stone cole knock out people two weight classes above of Cotto's calibre. If Manny cannot juice or does not juice as much Margarito will start to walk him down and walk through his punches. If this happens and I think it might, Floyd will really really look good!

What people forget is that if you watch Manny he is very good but basic in the head movement department. You can find Manny and catch him and he does not have the natural size that someone like Mosley has to deal with a big fighter like Margarito.

I think this fight could be an upset.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 3:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manny juice? I hope you mean orange juice.

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 4:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_The_SHY View Post
    Manny juice? I hope you mean orange juice.
    I dont like to say things like that but..... Well think about it and if you do some research some things will just bite you in the butt, i.e. yu cannot ignore em.

For example, Henry Armstrong was one of the best of all time.... He was that rare rare bird, a little man who could KO. Now Armstrong fought hi and low, I think he went as high as middle weight and even above.... yes he won but he not by knocking miother fuckers out....

It is simply unheard of. In Manny's case? well considering this is a guy who had some trouble with Marquez's punch? And then he is knocking out a middle weight with a decent chin?

No way no how. Manny got ripped beyond belief and he trained hard but he had some chemical help imo. If you do not believe it try to find another lightweight who carried KO power in the heavier divisions. Maybe up one division at most. Oh and remember that Armstrong probaby had the most power of any little man all things considered. If anyone could have done it maybe him? But the power does not carry
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/25/2010 5:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    imo.
    And what's your opinion worth on such matters, again?
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast