Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 6:38am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually when Bruce Wayne's parents died he travelled the world learning every major fighting system designed.

Cast in the name of God. Ye not guilty.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 6:43am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and he's STILL a poon!
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    michael and tkd fighter, you're right, but the ultimate aim of martial arts (in my mind anyway, and that's what counts :) is to develop combat skills. while you can't really test that short of starting a bunch of streetfights and being an asshole, some events come closer than others. sanshou is closer to a real fight than karate under most rules, so they will most likely win under their rules or mma. it might be more interesting to compare two sport styles that are completely removed from each other, like san shou vs. judo under mma rules. both are sports that will help you in a fight, but are vastly different in their emphasis.

punisher would still whip batman. so would (and did) wesley willis.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >that's not really fair because capt america is a superstrength character

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!

The Orignal and still current Capt American is the peak of human evolution WITHOUT being superhuman!!! (However there was two times where he had temporary superstrenght.)

Cpt American has beaten the best!!! He as beat the Punisher, Daredevil, US Agent (formerly Cpt A #5), and even WOLVERINE (THATS RIGHT HE WHIPS WOLVERINE LIKE A PUPPY!!!) He would tear apart BATMAN! Capt A was... <no> IS the perfect soldier!!! And what is a soldiers primary mission above all else? DEFEAT THE ENEMY (actuall KILL the Enemy but after all the wars Marvel wanted a positive role model and didn't have Cpt A killing intentionally anymore)

Also Batman DID train JUJUTSU! So there!!!! And Batman did not go out to just learn fighting. He learned lockpicking, disquise, magic, psychology and more.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Edited by - Asia on November 14 2002 15:37:28
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't agree the ultimate goal of martial arts is to develop combat skills. I would have to go with miyamoto musashi with this one. The ultimate goal of martial arts is to use strategy to defeat another man. THAT is the true goal of martial arts. Yes, combat skills can be a great part of this strategy but it is only a part of a whole. MARK my words and the old wisdom of miyamoto musashi. TO DEFEAT ANOTHER MAN THROUGH STRATEGY IS THE GOAL OF MARTIAL ARTS. Learn strategy well grasshopper.

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Using strategy to defeat another man IS Combat Skill.

Martial (War/Combat) Art (skill) Strategy falls under that.

The goal/purpose of MA is simply to defeat the enemy.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with karate fighter. You are my hero!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To defeat the enemy is not enough. Until you learn strategy, you will never know your true potential.

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 4:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is defeating the enemy not enough it that is truly your goal.

Miyamoto wrote some great things but he was still an old man in a cave.

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Asia! I'll make this quick. I gtg. Fighter #1 defeats fighter #2 using brute strength. Fighter #1 defeats fighter #2 using brute strength because using brute strength is all fighter#1 knows how to do. Fighter#1 has the potential to defeat other fighters using other tricks but doesn't expand himself. I hope this example helps. Anyway, I am going with the quote of the great boxing trainer Cus D Amato on this one. 90percent mental 10percent physical. MARTIAL ARTS IS DEFEATING ANOTHER MAN THROUGH STRATEGY!! Its my opinion.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast