Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2010 6:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is extreame muscle group targeting ok?

Among other things I take judo. I know that when you practice a MA certain muscles are inebitably going to get stronger than the rest (I already see a difference in my grip). For the most part my musclse are proportionate (no outstanding bicepts or anything). Im wondering, is it a good idea to highly develop a certain group of muscles? Should i train evenly and simply let nature take its course if my body decides to bulk up in one area or another due to consistant use of my style? Or should i do physical training in an attempt to further it? I've seen some people that have done this and well. some of them look like they have a giant tumor instead of a tricept because it looks so improportionate from the rest of their arm.(Had a nice punch though)

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 3:41am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope its not as that can **** you up. Try to maintain proper balance between groups.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 12:19pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Google compensatory training. You do not want muscle imbalances. It will only hurt your game and your health later on. Strive for balance over specialization.