8/04/2010 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tideliar View Post
    Ah.

Huh?

Powers molecules? oesn't make sense....molecules aren't 'powered'...

but I'm nit-picking because I'm a quantum physics geek.
    I'm a quantum physics geek too. I agree with Chainpunch on what Qi probably is though, nothing magical, but a real fundamental force of nature humans have always had but rarely taps in to. Just call it the "flow" of your physiology. Think that is bullshit? Ask anyone who learns to maintain their own pulse rate:

http://aerobic-conditioning.suite101...rate-naturally

Take the simple example of adrenal glands, and how a quick squirt of adrenaline and other things poorly understood by science that can allow a person to lift a car to save someone's life. To me this is what Qi is...something every person can tap in to if they train right, or occasionally in times of crisis. And I feel that Chainpunch is right that it exists 180 degrees away from Bullshido.net

http://www.kctv5.com/news/22003146/detail.html
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/04/2010 12:58pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 12:50pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** are you talking about?

All of those phenomenon are due to electrical signals in the brain which result in chemical processes. There's nothing mystical about it.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    If molecules are not powered how do they perform their functions do you think they are static inactive objects?
    The answer is energy transfer, in one form or another, that is always the answer to "how is it powered". In molecules this is due (simplistically) to flow of electrical charge from positive to negative potentials.

I noticed when I train, I increase heat dramatically and the overall energy in my body. It's only natural to believe you can learn to manipulate heat/energy transfers in the body to do different things "better" than you normally would. I think many people other than martial artists do this...sprint runners for instance. I think I have seen a lot of gymnasts do similar things. Someone sees a gymnast and wonder how they are able to do a full routine, leap ten feet into the air, and stick a landing. When I see that, I think "wow, good chi".

But that's just my opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 12:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your pseudo-science is nothing but.

Your language is vague, your physiological understanding miniscule.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 1:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Your pseudo-science is nothing but.

Your language is vague, your physiological understanding miniscule.
    You're being a moron on purpose, and I know it. I just described elementary heat transfer and how it makes everything work, especially your body.

This is pseudo-science:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that energy transfer and heat transfer are two different things.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 3:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that energy transfer and heat transfer are two different things.
    So you are going to disprove conduction, then? Be our guest (I'll make popcorn). Now look who is running fast in the opposite direction from established science...meh. Come on I know you are smarter than this when you really want to be.

:sign16:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the grand scheme of things, I can concede that "energy" and heat may be construed as the same thing under certain conditions (preferably on the macroscale). But, the problem is in the context.

But let's start at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit
    I agree with Chainpunch on what Qi probably is though, nothing magical, but a real fundamental force of nature humans have always had but rarely taps in to. Just call it the "flow" of your physiology.
    You talked about bio-feedback before which is to wit, a feat of concentration where the brain activity hovers around various hertz frequencies which has some vague connection to heart rate, GSR (galvanic skin response), and the sleeping state of the brain.

In many ways, this is machine-assisted meditation. Narrowing the mental focus has nothing to do with "chi".

To go further along into your insistence upon "feats of strength" being a phenomenon which can be trained into a usable skill ala The Incredible Hulk, I laugh at your naivete.

To me this is what Qi is...something every person can tap in to if they train right, or occasionally in times of crisis.
    The chemical epinephrine (i.e. adrenaline) is not a magic squirt to grow massive muscles. It is a mental response to stressors which results in increased blood flow and respiration. However, while there may be an increase in the tensor strength of the muscles, this is partially an increase in oxygen to the tissues and partially another feat of mental focus.

Not "chi".

Furthermore, abnormally high or prolonged levels of epinephrine can result in atrophy of the adrenal glands themselves and damage to the entire sympathetic nervous system.

The answer is energy transfer, in one form or another, that is always the answer to "how is it powered". In molecules this is due (simplistically) to flow of electrical charge from positive to negative potentials.
    That's some Dr. Yeung ****, y'know that? "poshitive and negative ion blah blah blah".

I can't tell if you're talking about strong and weak nuclear force, polarization, or fucking entropy. I have no clue, so I'm not going to dissect it until you clarify.

I noticed when I train, I increase heat dramatically and the overall energy in my body. It's only natural to believe you can learn to manipulate heat/energy transfers in the body to do different things "better" than you normally would. I think many people other than martial artists do this...sprint runners for instance
    Do I really have to explain the concepts of physiological movement and exercise? Really?

There is no "heat transfer" inside the body beyond the endocrine system regulating the heat of the internal organs and displacing that heat into the skin which is thusly cooled by perspiration.

Why you think you could control that consciously, I have no idea. Again, what you're referring to is probably another feat of mental focus, not chi.

tl;dr Rabbit don't know science.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 4:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the grand scheme of things, I can concede that "energy" and heat may be construed as the same thing
    Thanks.

You talked about bio-feedback before which is to wit, a feat of concentration where the brain activity hovers around various hertz frequencies which has some vague connection to heart rate, GSR (galvanic skin response), and the sleeping state of the brain.

In many ways, this is machine-assisted meditation. Narrowing the mental focus has nothing to do with "chi".
    If you're referring to Mo's polygraph, those things are a great example of bio-feedback bullshit.

To go further along into your insistence upon "feats of strength" being a phenomenon which can be trained into a usable skill ala The Incredible Hulk, I laugh at your naivete.
    So you feel that performing feats of strength can't be trained? Please continue...:zicon_ram

The chemical epinephrine (i.e. adrenaline) is not a magic squirt to grow massive muscles. It is a mental response to stressors which results in increased blood flow and respiration. However, while there may be an increase in the tensor strength of the muscles, this is partially an increase in oxygen to the tissues and partially another feat of mental focus.

Not "chi".
    Ok so you claim to know exactly what Chi is then, since you know what I described is definitely "Not 'chi'". Please tell us more about chi then.

Furthermore, abnormally high or prolonged levels of epinephrine can result in atrophy of the adrenal glands themselves and damage to the entire sympathetic nervous system.
    Thanks for that useless anatomy lesson.

That's some Dr. Yeung ****, y'know that? "poshitive and negative ion blah blah blah".
    Hmm no it's basic electro-thermodynamics.

I can't tell if you're talking about strong and weak nuclear force, polarization, or fucking entropy. I have no clue, so I'm not going to dissect it until you clarify.
    You're blabbing on and on about all sorts of physics terms that aren't part of our discussion.

Do I really have to explain the concepts of physiological movement and exercise? Really?
    Yeah please do, for the rest of us.

There is no "heat transfer" inside the body beyond the endocrine system regulating the heat of the internal organs and displacing that heat into the skin which is thusly cooled by perspiration.
    That's a really silly thing to say, considering the million things you can do to move heat from/to the body. You just disproved heat pads, ice packs, and punching, for starters. It's funny you bring up things like the hypothalamus since the effects on heat and overheating on the hypothalamus results in heat stroke deaths. So now you're trying to disprove that people die from the heat transfer that causes heat stroke.

Why you think you could control that consciously, I have no idea. Again, what you're referring to is probably another feat of mental focus, not chi.

Rabbit don't know science.
    I don't know if I can control it, but I won't find out without trying.

Go train.

Rabbit knows electrothermodynamics very well.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 4:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here this will help explain.

THE THERMODYNAMICS OF THE HUMAN BODY AND THE BIOPHYSICAL
    FEATURES OF THE THERMAL ENERGY

Most of the heat produced in the body is generated in the deep organs, especially in the liver, brain, heart and the skeletal muscles during exercise. Then this heat is transferred from the
    deeper organs and tissues to the skin, where it is lost to the air and other surroundings. Therefore, the rate at which heat is lost is determined almost entirely by two factors: first, how rapidly heat can be conducted from where it is produced in the body core to the skin and how rapidly heat can then be transferred from the skin to the surroundings.
    http://www.biofizyka.slam.katowice.pl/lab/lab5.prn.pdf

AUTHOR
    Jakub Taradaj
    Chair and Department of Medical Biophysics
    Silesian University School of Medicine
    ul. Medyków 18, bud. C2
    40 - 752 Katowice
    POLAND
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/04/2010 4:15pm at .
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast