Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2010 10:10pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. When Der sees this it's gonna get real bad...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2010 11:41pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we not do a Buddhism thread and instead stick this in Trollshido where I can spam it with gore pictures?

Please? Pretty please?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 4:58am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Good lord you have mixed three concepts and what you read and mixed them all up. Please stick to Judo and quit commenting on everything you google.

The fact you think chi has anything to do with being "pro-buddhist" wow seriously stop.
    This is how it looks like for any JMA stylist out there. I may not be Mark Tripp or Judo Gene, but that is what it looks like. If you xingyi guys have a different way of looking at this, please put it up. As for chi and buddhism, I may be wrong. If I am, please put that up too, and don't just comment about me being 15 and a judoka.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 7:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it man. belief is some powerful **** so long as the conviction lies within yourself. I believe in this ****. people call bullshido on it, but I do my argueing with my fists. no BS

word to ya mother

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 8:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post
    This is how it looks like for any JMA stylist out there. I may not be Mark Tripp or Judo Gene, but that is what it looks like. If you xingyi guys have a different way of looking at this, please put it up. As for chi and buddhism, I may be wrong. If I am, please put that up too, and don't just comment about me being 15 and a judoka.
    Funny how you made it style specific not me. No, this is the way YOU LOOK AT IT and you don't speak for all buddhists, JMAers, Judokas, or what ever. That is my point it has nothing to do with Xingyi guys, JMA guys, Aiki guys or whatever. Oh and you made the claim so, support it with facts. When you post up the conclusions that show your version is the only one accepted then we can proceed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 8:53am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post
    Not for me it doesn't.

If it didn't make sense to you the second or third times of reading Fake's comment, it means you're immature.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 10:18am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaboonKing View Post
    **** it man. belief is some powerful **** so long as the conviction lies within yourself. I believe in this ****. people call bullshido on it, but I do my argueing with my fists. no BS

word to ya mother
    Wait, what?

You believe in Chi, and if anyone disagrees with you you hit them? Very fucking reasonable. You must be the star of the debate team

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 10:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Is it just me or is every example QiMaster (very telling moniker btw) listed a reference to one or another recent MA movie? Haven't you seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? You must not have, because you left out flying.

My point is that watching a bunch of movies and googling what you see in said movies is a far cry from serious research. The lack of serious scholarly research in this area is probably an indication that these alleged phenomena are not science, but science fiction, and have their origins in pure religious ideology. Far be it from me to poo poo someone's religion.

I'm merely advocating the recognition that you're not dealing with something that can be measured empirically, or even objectively observed, youtube notwithstanding.

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 11:11am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaboonKing View Post

word to ya mother
    I agree that belief is a powerful force but that it is not really connected to chi.
    When you argue on the internet do you use your fists?
    How do you type?

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 11:17am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can chi training be considered a reasonable device for achieving mental toughness?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast