Administrator

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 7:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    Suffice to say I like qigong and neigong. Whether YOU believe that it will actually make bones harder and more dense, or that it will make your organs sustain less injury, or any of that is up to you. I for one credit it to my fighting ability 100%. I will attempt to convince no one.
    This is the part I am talking about, the rest of your post was fine.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 7:38am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This is the part I am talking about, the rest of your post was fine.
    This was why I posted, and also why I quoted you as WR had quoted part of your post in response to me. If WR had posted what he addressed to me as a response to CSNeg as well I wouldn't have cared as imo it applied to us both.

Honestly not sure what you mean here:

Do you read out of order on purpose? You hadn't even posted when I made that comment.
    I have no issues with Qigong/Neigong, I practice it and I teach it.

So by 'no debate' you don't mean 'don't express opinion'?

No, why would you even try to make this assertion?
    I was stoopid. Trying to tease out the difference between cnegs 'opinion' and WR critique of my response...i think..

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Technically you could mix up some untestested soft touch styles and call it "MMA" but how far would it get you in a world of people that actualy hit and submit?
    Here's the problem: most people "in the world" never actually hit and submit. Guess the percentage of people out there who actually train, hit and submit. Pro and serious ammy fighters. Anyone who has a job requiring those skills. Basically, that's it--a tiny percentage, to understate matters. For the rest of the population of "the world", one could pass chunbooj off as "MMA"...and (for a while at least--one might actually make a living at it. Oh, wait...charlatanry never happens.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    This was why I posted, and also why I quoted you as WR had quoted part of your post in response to me.
    Then you respond to him. He was explaining what he thought I meant, so you address him not me.

If WR had posted what he addressed to me as a response to CSNeg as well I wouldn't have cared as imo it applied to us both.
    Yes, this is why CS responded negatively to you. You have a weird reading issue.

Honestly not sure what you mean here:
    You addressed my quote as if I responded to your post. You hadn't even responded then quoted and addressed me as if you were part of the initial conversation.. See above for what should have occurred.

I was stoopid. Trying to tease out the difference between cnegs 'opinion' and WR critique of my response...i think..
    Yes, you have reading comprehension issues and writing problems as well. Oh and you still didn't address why you think "there is no debate" means "you can't express an opinion."

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then you respond to him. He was explaining what he thought I meant, so you address him not me.

Yes, this is why CS responded negatively to you. You have a weird reading issue.

You addressed my quote as if I responded to your post. You hadn't even responded then quoted and addressed me as if you were part of the initial conversation.. See above for what should have occurred.

Yes, you have reading comprehension issues and writing problems as well. Oh and you still didn't address why you think "there is no debate" means "you can't express an opinion."
    Ah, this explains a lot. Thanks. I thought I had responded to WR..must of posted as a reply to you buy mistake?

I have not noticed a negative response from CS or at least haven't taken it negatively. So yes maybe it is reading comprehension.

"there is no debate" means "you can't express an opinion."

what I said:

So by 'no debate' you don't mean 'don't express opinion'?

this was because someone had posted opinion which to me invited debate, but WR called me on it, whilst asserted opinion was unchallenged.
    It was a question.

For posting like an ass I apologize.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:00pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So do I get some kind of award for having a post go from trollshido then back to the original forum?

Definitely the weirdest private message I've ever gotten...

Also, since Resonance10 mentioned it, I really didn't mean anything negative/baiting by my post. Sure I came off strong, but all I can say is that I have a strong opinion on qigong and neigong. Sorry if it came off like that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post

Also, since Resonance10 mentioned it, I really didn't mean anything negative/baiting by my post. Sure I came off strong, but all I can say is that I have a strong opinion on qigong and neigong. Sorry if it came off like that.
    Simply put, your posts are negative because of your strong wording.

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 6:54am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    keep an open mind, and don't be resistant to change!

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 9:58am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That adds absolutely nothing to a long dead thread. If you are going to do a necro at least try and expound the point. Most of us are open to EVIDENCE - something in relatively short supply for qi....and before you start, the plural of anecdote is NOT evidence

Luckily for you this is a style specific forum on the response would have been less kind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 12:03pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedspirit View Post
    keep an open mind, and don't be resistant to change!
    As this has been a problem with new folks recently (you are one of a few who have necro'd multiple threads), allow me to offer your some advice about posting.

(1) You should get your pro fighter tag post haste. The fact that you have BTDT means a lot to people on these boards.

(2) When you are looking to post on an existing thread, remember that content is king. No one will give you **** for posting on a dead thread if it contains exciting and new information. That's what we want. :) If you post one line platitudes; well, that won't be accepted so readily.

(3) QFT from Ming Loyalist:

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    it would be great if you could start a thread to talk about your approach to CMA now that you have had a pro fighting career. most of the CMA guys on here who have cross trained and fought full contact emphasize sparring and working with resisting opponents to really understand their techniques, even in the internal CMA styles, so it would be interesting to get your take on it.
    Totally agree with this. Welcome to Bullshido.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast