223980 Bullies, 4453 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 131
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ashkelon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BXL
    Posts
    327

    Posted On:
    10/09/2012 8:13am


     Style: Striking, grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Acupuncture might work sometimes, we don't really know
    fixed
  2. csharp.negative is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    252

    Posted On:
    10/09/2012 1:11pm


     Style: 1 technique 1000 times

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do qigong and neigong almost every day. I try to do it for an hour a day but alas 1. I am a lazy slob and 2. video games are just so, so interesting. I'd also like to blame work for this.

    But when I go to my kung fu classes I always do qigong, and sometimes some neigong before going into my forms and technique drilling. Neigong is great especially for my neck and back where I have chronic nerve tension.

    I've also taught some basic qigong to some friends with certain health issues such as lower back pain and hand injuries and it's helped them a lot.

    Suffice to say I like qigong and neigong. Whether YOU believe that it will actually make bones harder and more dense, or that it will make your organs sustain less injury, or any of that is up to you. I for one credit it to my fighting ability 100%. I will attempt to convince no one.
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,084

    Posted On:
    10/09/2012 1:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Any evidence that acupuncture works on anything other than pain management?
    Stress, possibly chronic headaches, drug dependency.

    Though one has to wonder exactly how they figured out where the rat's points where.

    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/result...ght/010112.htm

    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/result...ght/031709.htm

    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/result...ght/010410.htm
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/09/2012 1:43pm at .
  4. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,489

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 9:07am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Any evidence that acupuncture works on anything other than pain management?
    Despite this being a Trollshido thread... Read up on Dr Felix Mann's clinical trials.

    Also, BOOBS.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  5. Resonance10 is online now
    Resonance10's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    701

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 11:55am

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    I do qigong and neigong almost every day. I try to do it for an hour a day but alas 1. I am a lazy slob and 2. video games are just so, so interesting. I'd also like to blame work for this.

    But when I go to my kung fu classes I always do qigong, and sometimes some neigong before going into my forms and technique drilling. Neigong is great especially for my neck and back where I have chronic nerve tension.

    I've also taught some basic qigong to some friends with certain health issues such as lower back pain and hand injuries and it's helped them a lot.

    Suffice to say I like qigong and neigong. Whether YOU believe that it will actually make bones harder and more dense, or that it will make your organs sustain less injury, or any of that is up to you. I for one credit it to my fighting ability 100%. I will attempt to convince no one.
    You probably haven't...
    Do YOU believe it makes bones harder and more dense? When have you injured your organs?
  6. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,084

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 1:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like Fake said, there is no need to debate. What he believes isn't relevant.

    Qigong can be effective physical exercise depending on the exact exercises we're talking about. And some Qigong can also be New Age quackery and have absolutely no benefits except for the DVD seller or "certified instructor".

    I purchased several qigong DVDs before seeking out a qualified instructor, and that allowed me to see the world of difference between the two.
  7. Resonance10 is online now
    Resonance10's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    701

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 2:43pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Like Fake said, there is no need to debate. What he believes isn't relevant.

    Qigong can be effective physical exercise depending on the exact exercises we're talking about. And some Qigong can also be New Age quackery and have absolutely no benefits except for the DVD seller or "certified instructor".

    I purchased several qigong DVDs before seeking out a qualified instructor, and that allowed me to see the world of difference between the two.
    So by 'no debate' you don't mean 'don't express opinion'?

    There's nothing to debate unless you try to insert bullshit into the effectiveness of the three.

    I thought I smelt something is all...just my opinion.
    Happy to be wrong. But no debate.
  8. csharp.negative is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    252

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 2:46pm


     Style: 1 technique 1000 times

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    You probably haven't...
    Do YOU believe it makes bones harder and more dense? When have you injured your organs?
    I haven't attempted to convince anyone, because I don't have any need to. When someone comes to class and I wind up coaching them I let them decide for themselves. Simple as that. If they don't like it, they don't have to come back.

    Rabbit is very right as it's pretty much just as bad as the "certified instructors" of CMAs or, well, any MA for that matter. You can learn something that can have multitudes of benefits, or you'll just be hanging out with some hippies that teach you how to be the a-hole that crosses the street like a turtle because you need to "go with the flow" more.
  9. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,084

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 3:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    So by 'no debate' you don't mean 'don't express opinion'?
    No, expressing opinions is fine.

    The opinions expressed should be relevant to the OP's question, not trying to shine a spotlight on another member's qigong practices, since csharp made no extraordinary claims about his qigong practice. He only claimed it helps his tension, injuries, and MA practice.

    Put simply this thread is not about whether qigong is "effective" or "not effective", which is a dualistic fallacy anyway. The only reason I posted about the medical studies above was to distinguish between the types of qigong with data that supports them for improving fitness vs. the types associated with free love and drum circles, which sadly do find their way into MA circles.

    The thread is "hey you guys that do qigong does it help your MA?". Answer is a simple yes, and there is no need to debate unless as Fake put it, you start add bullshit claims like chi fireballs and iron shirt bullet deflection.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/10/2012 3:17pm at .
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    10/10/2012 3:59pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    So by 'no debate' you don't mean 'don't express opinion'?
    No, why would you even try to make this assertion?

    I thought I smelt something is all...just my opinion.
    Happy to be wrong. But no debate.
    Do you read out of order on purpose? You hadn't even posted when I made that comment.

    To be clear, the **** works. No one complains about yoga. Why? Because most practitioners do not make ridiculously stupid claims.

    "Yoga will help you relax and manage cancer pain." vs "Qigong will cure cancer."
    "Yoga will strengthen your organs." vs "Qigong gives you Impervious Iron Body Skills."
    "yoga will activate meridians." vs. "Qigong activates meridians makes you a skilled fighter.


    Inserting BULLSHIT, otherwise there is no debate. Can Neigong, Qigong and acupuncture help? Sure, if you don't insert all of the other bullshit.


    See, C.Sharp, you added that little piece to create a derail. I let it slide, but it got the reaction you wanted. This **** will be culled.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.