Page 3 of 9 First 1234567 ... Last
    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *subscribe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    This thread is now result #2 on Google when searching "Jeff Davis Martial Arts".

Mr. Loughry, I offered my time to come evaluate your training from a non-biased perspective and have gotten no response.

If you don't respond further to set up a time for training, I will be forced to conclude your tough talk is a front and your unwillingness to show your skills, training, and teaching to other non-affiliated martial artists is very telling if that were the case.

I must also insist that as an amateur investigator in this situation, I will walk into your dojo without pre-conceived notions and critique your training based on relevant standards and practices. I will also enter your dojo not as a karateka, but as a curious individual. I do not represent my own dojo in such an inquiry, nor do I intend to make any challenges or threats.

If you could respond within the next days, I would appreciate it.
    First, please, understand that my original post was not directed towards you, but at dogtrainer. If I sounded aggressive, that is simply because when someone speaks ill of my sensei i do get annoyed.
    Now i must admit that i have been away from the dojo for some time, due to my work schedule. So I honestly don't know what phone number is on the door. There is no phone in the dojo.
    As far as setting up a time for observation/evaluation that can be done, however I am not certain what contact number is appropriate to make the appointment at this time. I will find out and post it for you. Additionally, I will make every effort to be present for your visit.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much, Mr. Loughry.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please pardon my ignorance, where is Mr. Davis' school located in Morgantown?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Davis' school is located at the Seneca Center in Westover.

It's not inside where the Antiques Walk is, but there's a door on the side of the building with a sign with some kanji above it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon the correction, but it is not in westover. it is in morgantown on beecchurst avenue. look for the water tower.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's the same place I said.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am familiar with the Seneca Center.. thanks..
    Have not been there in several years though.
    I did not know a MA School had moved into that location.

Did Mr. Davis have his school in a different location in town previously?
    Is he affiliated with WVU/WVU Phys Ed department?

My apologies for my ignorance, I am simply trying to get a frame of reference in this regard. The name rings very familiar to me, but I have been out of the loop of the Morgantown community for some time.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be thinking of Tony Artice.

He's a professor for the physical education department at WVU and a TKD instructor.

I don't know how long Mr. Davis' school has been located there, I wasn't aware of its existence until about three years ago.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I know Tony too.. and think pretty well of him.
    I didn't know if WVU had other folks or even a full MA program.
    When I was in School originally for example, the Fencing program was very informal, there was a club not a team.. and it existed because Dr. Brooks, Dr. Couch and Mr. Morrow dedicated a lot of personal time. My thinking was, actually, if Mr. Davis did work with the Universty, that Tony may know him and I that could be another way of getting a POV or more information.
    My Neice is currently attending WVU, and mentioned interest in MA classes. My daughters will be likely attending there in a few years and will likely be fencing and taking MA classes.. so I was just trying to learn more about what to watch out for in the local MA scene if that makes sense?

Page 3 of 9 First 1234567 ... Last