Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Man, those White Eagle guys are hilarious. I sometimes train at the Gymnastics Gym in the building they train at and sometimes I stick my head in there and laugh really hard.
    One of the guys who I think has left Davis's school is a student of Kyoshi Ronald Lindsey's and got us all invited to a seminar with Lindsey. We saw Cummings there, and he was too fat to do anything. He was winded from just walking in 10 minutes and had to sit down the rest of the day. my friend and I noticed he can't put his feet together or make a fist. he's too fat and out of shape.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 8:33pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drop everything you're doing and start going to Ground Zero Morgantown.

Morgantown has got really good jiujitsu.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 3:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.tsksma.com/instructor2.htm

I havent heard anything about Jeff davis being in the AAU but Gene Thorner was. theres a huge lack of anything about Jeff Davis and ive been asking around. i just don't know where to ask the questions i think. everything around here is word of mouth so far.

i have to doubt everything about him now. he claims to be some kind of tournament champion but theres no record of it anywhere online that i can find. i dont think west virginia has a tournament circuit anyway and ive never seen him go anywhere.

he claims were learning traditional stuff but when i get with friends who have the same forms it looks like my stuff is changed and different. i would like to know whats what with my forms but were told "pay your dues to the form and it will teach you" and all i am is confused.

when we grapple we never go against anyone. i cant see if what i have works without going somewhere else and that feels wrong. we never spar and ive learned that a lot of what were taught is watered down and weak. a friend said that i have a lot of tools and no idea what theyre for. its hard for me to improve when all i have to work with empty space if i stay under Jeff davis rules and im too competitive for that.

the advice about leaving seems the best. what stops me is that if i leave i think it will cause a few other people to leave and Jeff Davis cant aford to lose any students from what i see. i do like him but i dont know whats going on and doubt everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 4:07pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had some things come up so I haven't gotten much farther in my "investigation", but I really think you should nut up and leave.

While you may have a positive report with Mr. Davis, his inability to teach you effective martial arts is the best reason I can think of to immediately stop learning from him. The longer you train in that way, the harder the habits will be to break.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 8:18pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take the advice you have been given and get away from that nutjob. There are other styles/schools available to you, so go find something else.

As much as I think the guy needs to be outed, I don't think it can be accomplished. He will continue to do his thing in his little world no matter what any investigation could turn up. JMHO.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 8:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shorin ryu karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

you are clueless

I am one of Jeff Davis blackbelts. if you doubt the validity of his teachings, then just go away. Noone will miss you. I have trained with Sensei Davis, as well as his instructors for most of my life; and I know for a fact that his martial arts are the real deal. If you would like to contact me personally for confirmation, feel free.

brianloughry@msn.com

Step Up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanWV1971 View Post
    I am one of Jeff Davis blackbelts. if you doubt the validity of his teachings, then just go away. Noone will miss you. I have trained with Sensei Davis, as well as his instructors for most of my life; and I know for a fact that his martial arts are the real deal. If you would like to contact me personally for confirmation, feel free.

brianloughry@msn.com

Step Up.
    I will "step up" right here publicly.

I am (I think) one of the only Bullies in the area and when I contacted the school to see what the training was like, I couldn't get an answer by telephone.

If you want to show me that you're the real deal, I am more than willing to come train with you to test it out.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shorin ryu karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    I will "step up" right here publicly.

I am (I think) one of the only Bullies in the area and when I contacted the school to see what the training was like, I couldn't get an answer by telephone.

If you want to show me that you're the real deal, I am more than willing to come train with you to test it out.
    what telephone niumber did you dial?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 9:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The number that was on the door.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is now result #2 on Google when searching "Jeff Davis Martial Arts".

Mr. Loughry, I offered my time to come evaluate your training from a non-biased perspective and have gotten no response.

If you don't respond further to set up a time for training, I will be forced to conclude your tough talk is a front and your unwillingness to show your skills, training, and teaching to other non-affiliated martial artists is very telling if that were the case.

I must also insist that as an amateur investigator in this situation, I will walk into your dojo without pre-conceived notions and critique your training based on relevant standards and practices. I will also enter your dojo not as a karateka, but as a curious individual. I do not represent my own dojo in such an inquiry, nor do I intend to make any challenges or threats.

If you could respond within the next days, I would appreciate it.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast