Hey people. I've been asked to write a short statement about recent events on Bullshido from the vantage point as the executive director of the site. And so, here is my assessment of recent events, in the format of the venerable haiku:
Cherry blossoms fall
Dancing in the summer winds
Their wisdom: GET OUT
If you can't handle people questioning your credentials: GET OUT.
If you don't like it when people refuse to kiss your ass, based on your own expectations and sense of entitlement to stand beyond criticism: GET OUT.
If you are considering leaving the website: GET OUT.
Nobody is keeping you here. Nobody broke into your house, set Bullshido as your homepage, and held a gun to your head threatening you with a lead injection if you didn't participate in the community.
There are no walls around this community, no guards at the gate, and no tolls required on Hwy GTFO.
With that said, I will address some specific issues that have made there way to my attention:
* Cy was banned, partly for overzealousness in investigating people and allegedly (pending a full investigation) using methods that were at the very least, unsavory.
* This banning in no way reflects upon the work he has previously done, as whatever his methods of obtaining the information may have been, does not invalidate the facts that were obtained. This is something a lot of people are not going to like to hear, but we are not a court of law and facts are facts; you have no Miranda rights here, no Fifth Amendment protection, and nothing is inadmissible because you are not on trial.
* Bullshido.org, where we archive the investigations, is currently down because of a technical problem (PHP version issue) due to the server upgrade. When we bring it back online, we encourage our members to fully review all articles on the site for accuracy, which is something that we've always done because we only care about the documented, verifiable facts.
* We do not condone any illegal methods of obtaining information, nor have we ever stated, implied, or done interpretive dances suggesting that we do.
* Frank Dux, Jason Brinn, and most of the targets of Cy's investigations, are all still assholes, and will likely remain assholes, shitting their nonsense all over the Martial Arts. That's right, Cy's banning does not magically exonerate your bullshit.
* The level of histrionics was completely unnecessary and we are making notes as to certain individuals who insisted on cheerleading to ensure it continued for the purposes of their own entertainment. It's one thing to get your yucks watching a bunch of grown men bicker over inane bullshit. It's another thing to knowingly encourage bickering that distracts from arriving at a productive resolution to what is a serious issue.
* If you want to beat someone's ass over this, that's between you and them. As far as we're concerned, you need to do it at a sanctioned sporting event like adults. Don't waste anyone's time talking about it, either do it, or shut the **** up about it and, again, GET OUT.
* As a response to concerns about community direction and culture we have brought back key senior staff members in order to provide input and guidance from the perspective of having helped to make the site what it is.
* If I cared about your input on the content of this post you would have been one of the people I already consulted before making it.
Love and kisses,