223781 Bullies, 3409 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Quick Note From Me

Hey people. I've been asked to write a short statement about recent events on Bullshido from the vantage point as the executive director of the site. And so, here is my assessment of recent events, in the format of the venerable haiku:

Cherry blossoms fall
    Dancing in the summer winds
    Their wisdom: GET OUT

If you can't handle people questioning your credentials: GET OUT.

If you don't like it when people refuse to kiss your ass, based on your own expectations and sense of entitlement to stand beyond criticism: GET OUT.

If you are considering leaving the website: GET OUT.

Nobody is keeping you here. Nobody broke into your house, set Bullshido as your homepage, and held a gun to your head threatening you with a lead injection if you didn't participate in the community.

There are no walls around this community, no guards at the gate, and no tolls required on Hwy GTFO.

With that said, I will address some specific issues that have made there way to my attention:

* Cy was banned, partly for overzealousness in investigating people and allegedly (pending a full investigation) using methods that were at the very least, unsavory.

* This banning in no way reflects upon the work he has previously done, as whatever his methods of obtaining the information may have been, does not invalidate the facts that were obtained. This is something a lot of people are not going to like to hear, but we are not a court of law and facts are facts; you have no Miranda rights here, no Fifth Amendment protection, and nothing is inadmissible because you are not on trial.

* Bullshido.org, where we archive the investigations, is currently down because of a technical problem (PHP version issue) due to the server upgrade. When we bring it back online, we encourage our members to fully review all articles on the site for accuracy, which is something that we've always done because we only care about the documented, verifiable facts.

* We do not condone any illegal methods of obtaining information, nor have we ever stated, implied, or done interpretive dances suggesting that we do.

* Frank Dux, Jason Brinn, and most of the targets of Cy's investigations, are all still assholes, and will likely remain assholes, shitting their nonsense all over the Martial Arts. That's right, Cy's banning does not magically exonerate your bullshit.

* The level of histrionics was completely unnecessary and we are making notes as to certain individuals who insisted on cheerleading to ensure it continued for the purposes of their own entertainment. It's one thing to get your yucks watching a bunch of grown men bicker over inane bullshit. It's another thing to knowingly encourage bickering that distracts from arriving at a productive resolution to what is a serious issue.

* If you want to beat someone's ass over this, that's between you and them. As far as we're concerned, you need to do it at a sanctioned sporting event like adults. Don't waste anyone's time talking about it, either do it, or shut the **** up about it and, again, GET OUT.

* As a response to concerns about community direction and culture we have brought back key senior staff members in order to provide input and guidance from the perspective of having helped to make the site what it is.

* If I cared about your input on the content of this post you would have been one of the people I already consulted before making it.

Love and kisses,

Phrost

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 7:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not questioning the decision of banning him, but can someone tell me what exactly were Cy's unsavory methods ?

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 7:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are accusations that are being looked into on that, but to my knowledge nothing has been fully confirmed.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i like this new, edgy phrost overlord.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 11:15pm

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i like this new, edgy phrost overlord.
    Nothing new. Phrost just hasn't been posting much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 3:01am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What, love and kisses, but no hugs????

I'm so leaving this site. You big meanie :(
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 6:31am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "* If I cared about your input on the content of this post you would have been one of the people I already consulted before making it."

Clearly, I didn't make the cut.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 8:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might not care, but them ladies, they're all BEGGING for my "input".
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 7/19/2010 8:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 10:06am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Cy raped the information out of every last investigatee.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast