Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 11:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did. I spend 10 hours total per week in class.

I feel like I answered your money question. For the money I spend. I feel like I get a lot of 1 on 1 instruction. I feel like I get more for my money from a better teacher at my school versus another school.

Your opinion of WT is your opinion. And I think it's great that you have one. I'd rather talk with some who does hen some one doesn't. There's nothing anyone on here , or anywhere , can say or do that will change my mind about my WT choice. And yes. In my book Lineage means something. To quote a famous guy. " Like studying the frozen cave man if I can see were you came from I'll know were your going. ". Meet the parents

Once again. I'm not new to MA. So I can spot some crap. I can give you a hundred examples as to why I would never train with a @l@l@l@ teacher. Regardless of what he claims. For me and what I wanna do. I have made the correct choice. I looked at my teacher and his teacher an made my choice.
    Last edited by Quanshuforum; 7/17/2010 12:35pm at .

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 12:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanshuforum View Post
    I feel like I answered your money question. For the money I spend. I feel like I get a lot of 1 on 1 instruction. I feel like I get more for my money from a better teacher at my school versus another school.
    Have you considered the invites to join some of your fellow Texans at one of the fun get togethers?
    Your opinion of WT is your opinion.
    Other then stating a fact: V/Wing Ts/Chun has the most limited of skillsets, I really didn't state any opinions.
    You stated you wanted Kempo but wanted to do Kung Fu.
    5-Animal is one of the closest options to fulfilling both of those needs and Jason DeLucia is a heckuva 5-Animal guy.

And I think it's great that you have one. I'd rather talk with some who does hen some one doesn't. There's nothing anyone on here , or anywhere , can say or do that will change my mind about my WT choice. And yes. In my book Lineage means something.
    Nothing anyone on here will do anything to change someone's opinion and that really isn't the point. You need to see and decide if what you are training is what is the best for your purposes. If you want fitness or activity, fine. If you think that this will make you a better fighter, it won't.
    This will be the area you will get into most problems with at Bullshido.
    If you equate your WT pure lineage training with fighting prowess, you will have a rough road.
    To quote a famous guy. " Like studying the frozen cave man if I can see were you came from I'll know were your going. ". Meet the parents
    But, essentially, the selling point of "lineage" at most schools is:
    'It is as close and true to the original form as possible.'
    in other words, the antithesis of evolution.

Once again. I'm not new to MA. So I can spot some crap. I can give you a hundred examples as to why I would never train with a William Cheung teacher. Regardless of what he claims.
    Again, I ask, as you stated you don't want to learn from someone who thinks they know everything, does Sifu Parker crosstrain?
    If so, what?
    If not, why?

For me and what I wanna do. I have made the correct choice. I looked at my teacher and his teacher an made my choice.
    And I hope you are glad with your choice and the money you are spending.
    Many on here are just wishing to share their personal experiences, as are you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actully. Yes. At some point I wanna cross train in another style. And will look into what you suggested. Your not the only one who has told me that. And yes. I will try an include myself in some of the get together that people have talked about.

As for my Sifu. What he does is his biz. I know he cross trains and when it comes time to share that with me. He will. He's a very humble man and actully would be put off by my actions on here.

In fact I shouldn't have said the things I said about Cheung an will go back an try an delete them......

I have every intention of cross training an when it comes time to do so will post it maybe even ask some opinions along the way..

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actully. Yes. At some point I wanna cross train in another style. And will look into what you suggested. Your not the only one who has told me that.
    You never know, you might like it more.

And yes. I will try an include myself in some of the get together that people have talked about.
    It is designed so that guys can get together in a fun atmosphere, outside the comfort zone of their gym or school or kwoon or dojo or dojang and see how well their training works.

As for my Sifu. What he does is his biz. I know he cross trains and when it comes time to share that with me. He will. He's a very humble man and actully would be put off by my actions on here.
    Well, I mean, you know, you are an adult and stuff. If you think asking him "hey brother, you ever train any Judo? how about wrestling?" is off-putting and isn't a free topic for you to discuss with him as an adult, why would or should he care what you do away from the kwoon and something so innocuous as message board posting?

The road runs both ways.

In fact I shouldn't have said the things I said about Cheung an will go back an try an delete them......
    Why?
    if it is your opinion, you should hold it.

I have every intention of cross training an when it comes time to do so will post it maybe even ask some opinions along the way..
    Is there anything that interests you, besides, you know, centerline punching and leg checking?
    What manner of fighting did you like in Ip Man?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 12:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like the trapping aspect right now. And again. I'm not doing this to fight. If I never fight again that's fine by me.

Like I said. He's a very humble man. I'm one of his students, if I'm running my mouth about another style or school. It reflects on him an the school. He doesn't like that. Here in town we have a lot of political stuff that goes on with WC WT. He's repeatedly asked us not to chime in an jus leave it alone. Which is what we do. So I imagine this is also how he would want me to conduct myself on the net

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 1:31pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looks like pretty typical WC to me. nothing special here. Their website has a 10 minute video of WCers demonstrating the Bullet Time Practice Method on each other.

San An can be expensive but 120 and UP? And the other options are capping you at 3 hours a day? That seems...odd. I'm pretty sure we have a cluster of posters here in that area that can comment on that. the 100-200 dollar range is consisent with a quick google but not the schedule limits. Maybe you need to do a bit more research?

Also, what the hell club do you run that gets 1200 bodies a night, min? Not calling you out on it per se but damn. I would think at that point your security staff would be able to put you onto the best deals in town
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 1:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like the trapping aspect right now. And again. I'm not doing this to fight. If I never fight again that's fine by me.
    After trapping, then what?
    What are you training to do with your opponent after trapping.
    Trapping -or- clinching range is designed to have something come after, what do you do for the "after"?

Like I said. He's a very humble man. I'm one of his students, if I'm running my mouth about another style or school. It reflects on him an the school. He doesn't like that. Here in town we have a lot of political stuff that goes on with WC WT. He's repeatedly asked us not to chime in an jus leave it alone. Which is what we do. So I imagine this is also how he would want me to conduct myself on the net
    being humble is good and noble but.....
    I dunno, man. You should be able to just, you know, talk to the guy about stuff. But every place might be different.
    Where I train, the head instructor always said, "If you wanna go somewhere else and try something else and see if you like it more go and try it, we'll still be here and I'll tell you 'told ya!'"

And please describe this WT/WC politics.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used the net to research as well as some boards and decided on Wt. Then before I even had chosen a school , I watched both Ip man movies. And yes. I no it's only a movie. But it was the deciding factor.
    Seriously ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 3:57pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey bud,
    I took Wing Chun for a little under a year and loved it. I love my teacher and still communicate with him, but I left after I sparred one of my friends with no martial art experience and got my ass kicked.
    First off Wing Chun is valuable in some aspects
    - Chi sao deff. made me faster in my reaction time
    - I was able to pull off some sick moves on people
    - I learned some moves I still use today
    But there was a down side to Wing Chun. My teacher didn't allow sparring till a couple years of Wing Chun was completed, he called it "fine tuning your instrument." Sounds good but think about it, if I got jumped obviously those guys don't care that my instrument wasn't fine tuned.
    Right now you need a school that will teach you fighting basics, then go to something like Wing Chun to fine tune your skills.
    My teacher was also highly respectable and I consider him one of the best teachers to learn Wing Chun or any Kung Fu by, that being said it took him 35 years to get that way.
    My first day of coming back to MT and I learned a **** load by me and my teacher sparring, more then I ever learned before.
    Without pressure testing you'll never know what you can pull off and what you can't.
    Just my 0.02

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandrun View Post
    Seriously ?
    The same thought process led me to bring my autistic friend to vegas.

He wasn't too hot on the slots.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast