Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 6:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanshuforum View Post
    LOL Someone decided to break out there SAT words...Impressive...As for my 1st post, (If your referring to your thread)
    No, it wasn't my thread. It was a W. Rabbit cull thread and a very strange place to make a complaint about the chun regardless of how you felt.
    did i use the little curly key right? ahh dont answer. if your talking about that, it was simply saying it always seems when there is a disagreement and one of the guys involved practices WC/WT, regardless of what the disagreement was about, it seems to lead to a WC/WT diss...
    Yes, and what you might want to do is learn the rules. It is unnecessary, in certain forums, to comment on WT diss. If you had something to add about the discussion it would not be brought to your attention. Out of all the Wing chun hate threads, you chose one about lack of language skills.

.Did i say it that in a mean or threatening way..NOPE
    These have no bearing on you being mad. It doesn't have to be mean nor does it have to be threatening.

.. I was wondering if i could use one of your cool words.??? Let me know, { ad hominem } that seems like a great combination of words to use to impress my friends...
    Sure but I'd rather you learn the basics of the English language first.

In fact, hominem is so great that even mozilla doesn't recognize it..You sir have out smarted mozilla and that's no easy task...
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-hominem.html
    That's because it is Latin. Mozilla is an English based spell checker not a grammar or language usage checker.

Oh and it is easy you have done it yourself three times now There=/=their, your=/=you are or you're and long=/=along. The program spell checks English based words. It will not catch spelling errors, usage of an incorrect word, different languages or punctuation mistakes.

I hope they still teach Logical Fallacies at least begining in junior high.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 6:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL Someone decided to break out there SAT words...Impressive...As for my 1st post, (If your referring to your thread) did i use the little curly key right? ahh dont answer. if your talking about that, it was simply saying it always seems when there is a disagreement and one of the guys involved practices WC/WT, regardless of what the disagreement was about, it seems to lead to a WC/WT diss....Did i say it that in a mean or threatening way..NOPE .. I was wondering if i could use one of your cool words.??? Let me know, { ad hominem } that seems like a great combination of words to use to impress my friends... In fact, hominem is so great that even mozilla doesn't recognize it..You sir have out smarted mozilla and that's no easy task...
    Welcome.

First word of advice is lurk more. I read for 6 months before I signed up. Then I read for another 6(?) months before I introduced myself. Take the time to learn how things operate around here or you will just leave with hurt feelings.

If things seem unfair to you its because you dont understand how things work and being more observant is the key. I dont have any problem with the general population here and I will be teased from time to time but if the accusation is a generalization I dont take it personally. Truth is I hope there be less practitioners as most of the vocal ones are an embarrassment. There is a natural bias here but thatís what you get when you are part of a minority but trust me you will be judged for who you are more so than what your interest is.

If people talk trash about Wing Chun its probably because there is some truth what is said, filter out the untruths (thick skin). If you think Wing Chun is represented well but unfairly criticized well then you just dont really know yet what good representation is. You are new to your style so I suggest you get good and represent or dont bother defending. Most Wing Chun people are teased because they really think their above reproach and canít take criticism well neither serious nor in jest.

Welcome.

First word of advice is lurk more. I read for 6 months before I signed up. Then I read for another 6(?) months before I introduced myself. Take the time to learn how things operate around here or you will just leave with hurt feelings.

If things seem unfair to you its because you dont understand how things work and being more observant is the key. I dont have any problem with the general population here and I will be teased from time to time but if the accusation is a generalization I dont take it personally. Truth is I hope there be less practitioners as most of the vocal ones are an embarrassment. There is a natural bias here but thatís what you get when you are part of a minority but trust me you will be judged for who you are more so than what your interest is.

If people talk trash about Wing Chun its probably because there is some truth what is said, filter out the untruths (thick skin). If you think Wing Chun is represented well but unfairly criticized well then you just dont really know yet what good representation is. You are new to your style so I suggest you get good and represent or dont bother defending. Most Wing Chun people are teased because they really think their above reproach and canít take criticism well neither serious nor in jest.

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 7:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for my grammar, I have a degree in CJ and make a living in the Entertainment biz , Outside of making sure i spell my name right on the deposit slip i have no worries, I leave the spelling to my wife..
    Hur hur, as long as I make money who cares how ignorant I am!

Money isn't a substitute for having culture. I'd fix that mentality before I even worried about what you're doing martial arts-wise.

Sorry if this is newbietown, but people with that type of mentality make me ill.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me see if i get this str8, correct spelling means im not ignorant and miss spelled words mean I am,,,,wow ok...

1st Spelling Guy...I was joking, however, I wanna understand, you NO how us ignorant people are..Slap the Taste out my mouth ???? Im sure you were just thinking random thoughts right ? You weren't refering to me.. No way..

2nd. Chainpunch why should lerk I for awhile... ? For what...? Honestly, im not worried or concerned about anyone on here..Im here to learn a little, maybe debate, and maybe meet some new people.. maybe make a friend or maybe allow someone a opportunity to slap the taste out of my mouth..And of course slapping me around should be easy, im just a lowly Wing tsun student who cant spell....
    But thanks for your advice and kindness...You not only seem like a cool dude, but more importantly, you seem like a good speller, which means your not ignorant ..

Your right, there are people who think WC/WT is the best, there a people that swear by jujitsu, MMA and all kinds of other MAs, we should all swear by what we invest are time, money an energy in...Some of the guys i train with are like a second family..And right or wrong, you have your familys back...

LOL Hurt feelings, my feelings get hurt when my son says he wants to watch tv instead of going to the gym with me not when a guy sitting in his moms basement watching avatar proclaims himself a bad ass and wants to insult other people..

Thanks for the welcome chainpunch, and thanks for the invite moderator guy i may have to take you up on that...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Spell dude, On a serious note , Ill post in ANY FORUM I WANT.. hope your ok with that....

Your friend Sean from San Antonio....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:22pm

Style: Bicep Curls

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spelling and Bullshit aside.
    How does your Wing Tsun school differ from others, in terms of aliveness in techniques/drilling and sparring?
    Do the students in your school compete in competitions?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:37pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Spell dude, On a serious note , Ill post in ANY FORUM I WANT.. hope your ok with that....

Your friend Sean from San Antonio....
    That's fine and when you get banned, for not following rules, don't get upset.

You added an innocuous comment that could have led to a huge rant in a dead thread.

Then you posted a review, purposely or not, disregarding the rules of the review forum.

That's two broken rules in a row. He is telling you to lurk so you can either enjoy or hate the website, but be able to continue posting.

let me see if i get this str8, correct spelling means im not ignorant and miss spelled words mean I am,,,,wow ok...
    Actually correctly spelling a word but, using it improperly is a mistake. You didn't misspell words. You used them incorrectly.

This is why English is one of the harder languages to learn. It has multiple uses for the same words and multiple spelling for words that sound the same.

Multiple Sound:
    Their
    There
    They're
    Your
    You're
    Waist
    Waste
    Know
    No
    Right
    Write
    To
    Too
    Two

Just to name a few of the common mistaken words. I've seen these used incorrectly by all of the posters in this thread myself included.

People make these mistake all of the time and it doesn't mean they are ignorant.

You were told to lurk because, your first two posts are typical TMA posts that lead to angry posting and ridicule. You are already at the "I will do what I want stage." People are trying to head this off before, we get another Earth Dragon level poster.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, and this may seem trivial, I like the fact the Sifu Parker still takes private lessons from GM Leung Ting..There are 4 other schools here that Im aware of.. Leals school, he no longer takes instruction, He actually has the biggest school ..I tried it first and felt like the school had no direction...It was kind of a free for all...The other 2 schools are run by a former student and a current student of Sifu Parker...

No fight team, only competing i know of is a couple of the guys go to chi sau comps...

Im not allowed to spar at this point, the higher grade students do some..Ive never really witnessed it thou...Mainly since im a day student and most everyone else is night...

As for techniques, i feel like im learning from the one of the best.. All of it comes from Sifu Parker, not some 6 month student which is common in alot of schools

" All BullShit Aside" When I was at Leals school, I wasn't excited about any aspect of what he taught... Sifu Parker makes it so im disappointed when class if over....To me that says alot..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 10:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, Banned..Say it isnt so...Whatever will i do.. Hmm, well, i could always just come here an read with out ever having to join..Or i could go to any one of the 4 places i have that all have separate IPs and join under the name "itaintfake" of course making sure i spell all words correctly so i no one figures out its me...lol

And i appreciate him offering advice, like maybe you guys could have came and said, Hey Sean, that review should be redone, its not what were looking for...But instead, some of you came at me with an attitude...No biggie, i dont get paid for school reviews, so if im lacking in that department OH Well..

i never said i was ignorant, someone else did..Lookin at your post to me, there is at least one error..i dont care really..im a texter, so alot of times i write like i text simple spellings maybe missing a letter to shorten...

Anyway spell dude, ill be around a little while longer if you wanna continue this..

otherwise have a good weekend, facebook me an we can talk about I before E except after C..

Your Pal

Sean
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/16/2010 10:09pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 10:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, Banned..Say it isnt so...Whatever will i do.. Hmm, well, i could always just come here an read with out ever having to join..Or i could go to any one of the 4 places i have that all have separate IPs and join under the name "itaintfake" of course making sure i spell all words correctly so i no one figures out its me...lol
    Go ahead. It will become ban fandango. That is always fun.

i never said i was ignorant, someone else did..Lookin at your post to me, there is at least one error..i dont care really..im a texter, so alot of times i write like i text simple spellings maybe missing a letter to shorten
    Of course I didn't say anything about your spelling or texting. I commented on your use of incorrect words.

..Lookin at your post to me, there is at least one error..i dont care really..
    You just pointed it out so, you do care. I admitted I make mistakes, it is no biggie.

Thanks for letting me know how important Bullshido is to your happiness.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast