Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Tsun in San Antonio

Im posting this because it seems Wing Tsun bashing is common practice now a days.. When i decided to try Kung Fu, Sifu William Parkers school was actually the last one on my list.. Mainly , because im a dumbass and listened to all of the chat board gossip..After trying the other 2 Wing Chun/tsun guys in San Antonio i was about to give up an join a Kenpo school..One call to Sifu Parkers school changed all that. After i asked if I could observe a class like i did at the other schools, He insisted i take part instead... When i asked how much monthly dues was he told me $120, I then asked if i could come 3 times a week for that price..He told me i could train up to 11 classes a week for the same price...His day 10:30 to 12 class seemed the perfect fit for me during the summer months... I half expected when i joined to be taught by higher ranked students most of the time, and id get my 15 mins here an there with Sifu Parker...Not even close..Lots of 1 on 1 time... Im not gonna go into the class breakdown of how an when we do this an that...Im very happy with my progress and I think that's what should be most important...It seems in a world of my Sifu can kick your sifus ass, and my school invented the punch and my sifu made bruce lee coffee, theres still a school were that crap isn't important..If your in the San Antonio Area and wanna try Wing Tsun, check out The San Antonio Wing Tsun Academy ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 8:23pm

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It isn't important to tell us anything at all about what the instruction is like? I'm glad that the instructor is reasonable about rates and gives one-on-one instruction, but this is a contender for most useless review. That you're happy with your progress means nothing unless we're all intimately familiar with the way you think about martial arts.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 12:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jesus and use proper english. going "...." to make another sentence is not proper english.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 4:44am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of the worst reviews ever. It provides almost no information about the class that anyone would actually want to know if they were looking for a school in that area. This should just be a forum post - not a review. Terrible. And $120 per month is too expensive, you're getting ripped off.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 5:33am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread moved to Newbietown.

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 8:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After training there about six months you should try to get together with some of the bullies in your area for a TD. There should be a lot of guys in the SA area.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess i could have been more informative as far as my review.My bad..Do I feel like im getting ripped Off ? Hell No...The average price in San Antonio for a school is 120-175 per month and most of those schools put limits on training. Im sorry that I didn't get super technical about the school, or break down day for day ... To me, when a person chooses a school it should be based on what your getting in return for your time an money, i say this because when it comes down to it, 99 percent of students never have to use what they learn in a outside setting...Of course Instructor is important as well and Sifu Parkers reputation speaks for itself... As for my grammar, I have a degree in CJ and make a living in the Entertainment biz , Outside of making sure i spell my name right on the deposit slip i have no worries, I leave the spelling to my wife..

Now if y'all wanna continue to talk crap that's fine..Ive noticed most of you are internet thugs or wanna be band wagoners who wait for some one to talk down then jump in...Its funny to me, so those trying to get a angry response will have along wait...

Ps. This post was typed using Mozilla spell check....Ill work on punctuation next week..

Sean
    Last edited by Quanshuforum; 7/16/2010 2:39pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 2:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanshuforum View Post
    I guess i could have been more informative as far as my review.My bad..Do I feel like im getting ripped Off ? Hell No...The average price in San Antonio for a school is 120-175 per month and most of those schools put limits on training. Im sorry that I didn't get super technical about the school, or break down day for day ... To me, when a person chooses a school it should be based on what your getting in return for your time an money, i say this because when it comes down to it, 99 percent of students never have to use what they learn in a outside setting...Of course Instructor is important as well and Sifu Parkers reputation speaks for itself... As for my grammar, I have a degree in CJ and make a living in the Entertainment biz , Outside of making sure i spell my name right on the deposit slip i have no worries, I leave the spelling to my wife..

Now if y'all wanna continue to talk crap that's fine..Ive noticed most of you are internet thugs or wanna be band wagoners who wait for some one to talk down then jump in...Its funny to me, so those trying to get a angry response will have along wait...

Ps. This post was typed using Mozilla spell check....Ill work on punctuation next week..

Sean
    Actually the FACT your first post and thread were addressing WC hate shows you are mad. The fact you have already resorted to ad hominem attacks also supports this position.

Spell check won't help with grammatical errors like a long=/= along.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 4:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL Someone decided to break out there SAT words...Impressive...As for my 1st post, (If your referring to your thread) did i use the little curly key right? ahh dont answer. if your talking about that, it was simply saying it always seems when there is a disagreement and one of the guys involved practices WC/WT, regardless of what the disagreement was about, it seems to lead to a WC/WT diss....Did i say it that in a mean or threatening way..NOPE .. I was wondering if i could use one of your cool words.??? Let me know, { ad hominem } that seems like a great combination of words to use to impress my friends... In fact, hominem is so great that even mozilla doesn't recognize it..You sir have out smarted mozilla and that's no easy task...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 5:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanshuforum View Post
    I moved this thread to the Newbietown forum for two reasons. First, you are new to the site and this is the place to post introductory threads. Members are required to be civil to you in this forum.

Second, your initial post did not meet the criteria for the School Review forum which is no big deal since you are new.

We have throwdowns in Austin from time to time. If you are interested in sparring in a safe environment at a contact level that you and your sparring partner decide on then come on up.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast