Our Sponsors:

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 7:50am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow ... what a UFC! What a finale! I expect to see an immediate rematch. Seems to be the flavour at the moment really.

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 8:17am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Wow ... what a UFC! What a finale! I expect to see an immediate rematch. Seems to be the flavour at the moment really.
    I'm going to have to agree with Ed Soares on this. I can't find the quote right now, but the general gist of it was basically that only fights with controversial endings should be considered for an immediate rematch, and there's no controversy in getting stuck in a triangle and submitted, no matter how badly you were losing right up until then.

On one hand, he's probably nervous that a rematch might not swing Silva's way. On the other hand, if they gave everyone who ever lost due to a stupid mistake an instant rematch, we'd never see any new fights. It's not like Shogun/Machida 1, where there were legit arguments on both sides. Sonnen had his chance, he made the same mistake he keeps making, and he lost for it. Now he goes to the back of the line.

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 8:29am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Ed Soares on this. I can't find the quote right now, but the general gist of it was basically that only fights with controversial endings should be considered for an immediate rematch, and there's no controversy in getting stuck in a triangle and submitted, no matter how badly you were losing right up until then.

On one hand, he's probably nervous that a rematch might not swing Silva's way. On the other hand, if they gave everyone who ever lost due to a stupid mistake an instant rematch, we'd never see any new fights. It's not like Shogun/Machida 1, where there were legit arguments on both sides. Sonnen had his chance, he made the same mistake he keeps making, and he lost for it. Now he goes to the back of the line.
    True but i think Sonnen has done alot more to warrant another shot at Silva than Belfort has who will undoubtedly get the next shot.
    (Belfort having only 1 UFC fight in the 18 months he's been signed to the organisation)

Also I think mma fans are more excited by the prospect of Silva v Sonnen 2.

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 8:38am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know, I really want to see him take on Belfort. He's the only one so far who has striking that even approaches Silva's level. And if his rib really was cracked for the Sonnen fight, I don't think a rematch would be nearly as exciting as the first one.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415