Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 10:37am

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the Massachusetts taxpayers learned the hard way (in dollars) about lack of hydration – due to the inevitable subsequent lawsuit settlement – when a Police Academy recruit died due to lack of water back in 1988 caused by their State Police instructors wanting to toughen them up from Day One.

http://www.people.com/people/archive...100206,00.html

http://www.fros-t.com/uploads/SSE_42...al_Failure.pdf

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What sort of twitchy ADHD dipshits are people training with that people drinking water is a "distraction."

"My my, that's an interesting move my teacher is demonstr—OH GOD OH LOOK TIMMY'S DRINKING WATER! HE'S PUTTING IT IN HIS MOUTH AND EVERYTHING!"

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 12:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    What sort of twitchy ADHD dipshits are people training with that people drinking water is a "distraction."

"My my, that's an interesting move my teacher is demonstr—OH GOD OH LOOK TIMMY'S DRINKING WATER! HE'S PUTTING IT IN HIS MOUTH AND EVERYTHING!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 12:43pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guy sounds like a dick who is trying to impart some sort of discipline on his students. We drank water whenever the **** we wanted at my gym, it never caused problems. If a student wants to learn they will learn, if they get distracted by someone opening a fucking water bottle and drinking they need to focus the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:00pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with many martial ats instructors is while they may have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in their respective martial arts, they usually don't have a degree in nutrition, exercise physiology, kinesology etc. All they have is (usually) unscientific tradition to go on. My coach has a master's degree in nutrition, for example, and he lets us drink anytime (add the fact that we're in the philippines. Our master from Brazil came to our dojo and said it was the hottest place he had ever been in his whole life). The human body can only stand 30-45 minutes of physical activity. ESPECIALLY physical activity as intensely aerobic as martial arts. Some instructors see drinking during class as a lack of self discipline which is totally wrong. And if that were true, I guess marathon runner, long distance cyclists and powerlifters have no discipline, huh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:10pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Not sure who this is pointed to, but we do get drinking breaks. And sometimes it's a pain in the ass, true. But if you hydrate a bit before going into class it's not a biggie.

On Sunday we sparred over an hour. So yeah, not busting my ass at all.
    lol. If you are doing it for over an hour, it's not that intense. If it was, you'd injure yourself. :new_usa:

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 9:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hasn't this exact dojo come up on here before pulling the same kind of bullshit? Your teacher is an uneducated dickhead.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 10:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosJesena View Post
    The problem with many martial ats instructors is while they may have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in their respective martial arts,
    **** I wouldn't even go that far. I think a large amount had c+ average high schools diploma or GEDs.

they usually don't have a degree in nutrition, exercise physiology, kinesology etc. All they have is (usually) unscientific tradition to go on. My coach has a master's degree in nutrition, for example, and he lets us drink anytime (add the fact that we're in the philippines. Our master from Brazil came to our dojo and said it was the hottest place he had ever been in his whole life). The human body can only stand 30-45 minutes of physical activity. ESPECIALLY physical activity as intensely aerobic as martial arts. Some instructors see drinking during class as a lack of self discipline which is totally wrong. And if that were true, I guess marathon runner, long distance cyclists and powerlifters have no discipline, huh.
    Those are sports geez. You know TMA>Sports. Muscles stop Chi flow and flexibility.

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 11:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    **** I wouldn't even go that far. I think a large amount had c+ average high schools diploma or GEDs.

Those are sports geez. You know TMA>Sports. Muscles stop Chi flow and flexibility.
    I love this thread

'Hey ju what is ju doing?'

'Just having a sip of water to hydrate'

'Paco didn't tell ju to leeeve de mat!'

'Paco isn't here!'

'Thats right like I said paco didn't tell you yu could leave the mat!"

'so what do I do if Paco isn't here?'

'chit! we never thought of that maybe we can call him?'

'but the phone its not on the mat we would have to you know leave....;

'wait we could get one of those gentile kids they use on sabbath to light the ovens! He can call paco for us!!'
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 1:57am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Hasn't this exact dojo come up on here before pulling the same kind of bullshit? Your teacher is an uneducated dickhead.

WHOA, hold on a second.

He's not my teacher, I went to a class there...once.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234