Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 6:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    What about the time Heath Herring eased up on Antonio Nogueira when he had him hurt then ended up losing?

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 7:26am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really need to be ruthless about it. As bruce lee put it, "controlled cruelty." Thats obviously different from hating on **** but there is definately a certain "killer" mode you need to get into. I try to de-humanize my opponent but a lot of people I guess super-humanize their opponent and go into hate mode. Either way.. If some of you guys don't think this mental part of the game is important or you can go by with your own version of it. . . there is nothing much we can do for you.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 7:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    De-humanise them.

Anyone noticed that in the new ufc game you can't keep hitting guys after you KO them?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 9:19am

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    De-humanise them.

Anyone noticed that in the new ufc game you can't keep hitting guys after you KO them?

On the ground you can, it's pretty brutal. By which I mean, awesome.

Everything I love is dark and brutal...

On, and back on topic:

What I like to do in the locker room before a fight is visualize getting beat back when I was a kid, getting jumped in high school, and all the people who've treated me like **** through life. Then I imagine my opponent did it all.

I swear if this ref doesn't pull me off my next opponent I will beat him into a coma.

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 9:51am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The weak cannot stay out of trouble. If you think it is worth it to serve a prison stint, or face a lawsuit, and think paying homage to your "reptilian instinct" by failing to use the higher brain functions available to you is important, then go for it.

That being said, I think most people do it because they aren't totally sure the guy is unconscious, and as someone pointed it, you ain't the ref.
    Last edited by crappler; 7/15/2010 9:55am at .
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 9:57am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what I'm hearing people say is not that they really think beating someone unconscious is ok. It's that taking the risk that they are doing that is part of the game because how the **** do you know the dude is really out? It's not "instinct" so much as a decision made to err on the side of caution.

correct me if I'm wrong.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 10:18am

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    So what I'm hearing people say is not that they really think beating someone unconscious is ok. It's that taking the risk that they are doing that is part of the game because how the **** do you know the dude is really out? It's not "instinct" so much as a decision made to err on the side of caution.

correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and no.

I think it's ok, cuz he'd do it to me, but others may just be erring on the side of caution.

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 10:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd wait for the unconscious guy to come to and then stand up so we could continue on the feet because he was probably just feigning unconsciousness in order to bait me into his jiu-jitsu. I'm onto you guys...

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 10:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

correct me if I'm wrong.
    No you're right, I've seen several fights now where the guy was "sporting", and "gentlemanlike" and lost because of it. Be sporting and gentlemanly before and after, between the ref beginning and ending the fight be ruthless or you'll lose.

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 10:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

correct me if I'm wrong.

That much I could go along with

I pulled up a random compelation of MMA knockouts It is interesting to see who goes for people and under what conditions.

YouTube- mma KO
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 7/15/2010 10:42am at .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast