Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Orlando, FL. Looking for Kung Fu school or instruction

I tried the link for finding a school in the stickie, but it was broken. I'm a UCF student interested in learning kung fu ( possibly including dagger weapon training ). The problem is, I'm not sure how many schools are in the area, or which ones are good. I went to see a class at Wah Lum, and a couple of the students looked pretty good, but I am inexperienced and some comments I read on the internet about Wah Lum suggests it's pretty much lost it's splendor as a teaching environment.

I've had some instruction as a child form a couple ATA schools, so I'm basically worthless as far as MA experience goes. I've been practicing some stances based on diagrams from different schools of kung fu, and I kind of have my heart set on it for those of you that will suggest I try another MA.

If I go to train at Wah Lum, and I am a dedicated student, will it be effective?

For the record, my ideal class would be: come 1/2 times a week, receive technique instruction for an hour, correcting everything I do, be sent home with conditioning instructions and what to practice for next class, come back, be tested on what I practiced, wash and repeat.

Style
    wah lum kungfu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should get that and more from Wah Lum. They have some good students and exercise's should definitely give you what you need. A lot of low strong quick stances, sharp movements. Not sure how instruction is as I havent been tot he temple since the early 90's but yeah, it was brutal then. Good luck in whatever you choose though, and train hard at it!

Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A couple of posts I read elsewhere on the forums called it a dancing school. What I would love to do is to train for a few years in a Shaoilin temple, but I have neither the money nor the time for something like that, and I have college to do (physics studies take up a significant amount of time). I want to get the same techniques the kung fu masters would have gotten in their first years of training, except at a much slower pace.

EDIT: I just want to be sure is all, before I spend what little extra money I have to dedicate to a school.