Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 3:01am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Sour grapes, some of you. Reminds me of last years soundwave, I met these two 16 year old girls and we decided to play a prank on our friends, basically I wrote a Facebook status saying that slayer and iron maiden had pulled out of the festival, they wrote the same thing and we (due to having no other connections on Facebook) backed up the "rumour" on each others wall. Basically had all these punce arse wannabes saying **** like "I'm glad I'm not going now, it would've been ****" and "they were the only ones I would've paid to see anyway". Funnily enough fucking slayer did pull out and I thought I had magic powers.

But seriously, **** YOU you arrogant Yankees, "oh, I've seen them before at my local hovel, I'm a fucking metal fucking hipster". I'd think you were fucking retarded if you hadn't seen homegrown bands, but, you cocksuckers, this is Australia, you know, halfway across the world.
    Goddamn! You Ozzies are so passive/aggressive sometimes. Maybe Silverchair and Men at Work will do cameos so you can chill out. Maybe they'll serve free Vegemite Sandies...

Seriously though, the lineup for that show is kinda weird... It's like they brought in ***** acts just so they can have the brutal bands come in and smash the **** out of them. I mean, you have Mastodon and then you have Cobra Starship... WTF is that?

Regardless man, I hope you enjoy... Don't miss BLS. Don't know if you've seen em before, but if not, it's worth missing any of those other acts for... hands down.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 5:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, the ***** acts were on some tiny stage somewhere out of the way. Who the **** are Cobra Starship? There were a few punce bands on the main stages, but trust me, they were either booed and/or had poor attendance.

Machine Head played Old and Davidian, made me happy. Hatebreed's mosh was fucking insane, as expected, I fucking love that band. System of a Down are fucking juvenile, I am not a fan, I think they have one song off their first album that I like. Slipknot were slipknot. Lamb of God played Walk With Me In Hell which is a song that my girlfriend and I had discussed as being the song for our wedding, coincidentally I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the morning of the festival and she said yes. Unearth were off the chain. Coal Chamber kept saying their guitar was having technical difficulties, but I think they were just so out of practice they just kept unplugging it to waste their set time. Biohazard. Oh, and yeah, Biohazard. Chimaira, MUST follow up more albums! Limp Bizkit had the biggest and most hectic crowd, due to having the best time, apparently the family of the girl who died in the Big Day Out mosh 10 or so years ago during their set came on stage and was issued an apology from the band and the screens then displayed her name the whole set. In Flames sounded good, I love the two albums I have, but they have a massive back catalogue. Great day over all, my mohawk is now a permanent white mark on my head from sunburn and my arms are a deep crimson, plus I have a fiancee.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 5:11pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lamb of God played Walk With Me In Hell which is a song that my girlfriend and I had discussed as being the song for our wedding, coincidentally I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the morning of the festival and she said yes.
    Congratulations mate. Have you considered getting a mini ball and chain done up as a wedding ring?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 6:43pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, getting tattooed on the ring finger at the wedding (her close friend is a tattooist). I'm only doing this married thing once. We're also having a mates metal band play at the reception.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, getting tattooed on the ring finger at the wedding (her close friend is a tattooist). I'm only doing this married thing once. We're also having a mates metal band play at the reception.
    Nice, well congrats again. So was it Ilcontent to play the reception?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:05pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. But let us not talk anymore about weddings. It isn't very metal.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. But let us not talk anymore about weddings. It isn't very metal.
    True, perhaps some skinlab will make amends:

Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:45pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayhap it will...

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:29pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Fear Factory's Facebook.

FEAR FACTORY Album Release Date Confirmed Additional Performances Added To May Tour Candlelight Records today confirms June 5 as the North American release date for FEAR FACTORY's new album, The Industrialist. Produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly), the album was mixed by Greg Reely (Paradise Lost/Skinny Puppy/Machine Head). It features additional tracking by Logan Mader (Gojira/Divine Heresy/Five Finger Death Punch) and artwork by Anthony Clarkson (Devin Townsend). The Industrialist is a conceptual album that brings to life a story scripted by vocalist Burton C. Bell. The album's lyrics detail the plot of the original narrative while delivering FEAR FACTORY's massive signature sound. Bell reveals, "the album is a futuristic tale of an automaton, striving to survive by fighting for its existence within a desperate world. The lyrics tell the story while the music takes our industrial roots and blends them more perfectly than ever with our metal edge. And all without losing the sound that makes FEAR FACTORY a machine of sonic devastation. FEAR FACTORY fans of any era will not be disappointed." Clocking in at just under one hour, the album's ten songs again unite Bell with guitarist Dino Cazares. It is the second album written by the duo, reuniting in 2009 after a seven year split. Cazares says, "collaborating with Burton again on the new album was like magic. Everything just fell into place naturally. It felt good to recapture the true sound of FEAR FACTORY, taking it back to where it all started while raising it to new levels." The Industrialist again pairs FEAR FACTORY with long-time friend Rhys Fulber. Their collaborations together include five albums and two remixes, including the certified gold album Obsolete. "Rhys has been our secret member," shares Cazares. "He is the one producer who has been able to understand what we have been trying to accomplish from the beginning and has opened our eyes to new things without sacrificing our original sound. His talents in production and keyboard/samples has made FEAR FACTORY stand out amongst the many bands of our genre." The Industrialist follows the 2010 release of Mechanize. Widely regarded, the album was the first release from the band in six years and the first new material from the nucleus of Bell and Cazares since 2002. The album debuted on Billboard's Top 100 album chart week of release and continues to sell in early 2012. Sirus XM/Headbangers Ball's host Jose Mangin comments, “after Mechanize dominated 2010 as Liquid Metal’s Album Of The Year, North America is chompin’ at the bit to get an ear full of new FEAR FACTORY. I have no doubt that FEAR FACTORY are going to kick our collective asses in 2012." Revolver editor Brandon Geist adds, "in the '90s, FEAR FACTORY's founding duo of Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares changed the sound of metal, from the way that metal vocalists sing to the way that metal and electronic music can be fused together. With 2010's reunion album, Mechanize, their partnership proved to be as lethal as ever. Though 2012 promises plenty of massive heavy-music releases, there isn't a record that I'm looking forward to more than The Industrialist."
    I am so fucking keen I want to have a time machine to get there right now.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Epic.

LOL Zakk at 4:00....what kind of dark arcane guitar magic is he doing there....I think Satan just belched or something and out came that guitar solo, right out of hell.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/29/2012 6:53pm at .
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243031323334 35363738 ... LastLast