228236 Bullies, 4287 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 2526272834 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    3/11/2011 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Angus is FIFTY FUCKING FIVE (FIFTY FUCKING THREE when this was recorded).

If Lemmy is the Holy Trinity...Angus is...Zeus.

God...I....I have to go play now, enjoy.

Posted On:
    3/11/2011 12:45am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AC/DC was my first ever concert. There has been only one concert that has rivalled, not beaten, but rivalled it as the greatest concert of my music experience.

What can I say, The Wiggles rock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 2:50pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It doesn't look as if this has been mentioned. But props to these guys for inventing metal.

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 9:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    It doesn't look as if this has been mentioned. But props to these guys for inventing metal.
    The Kinks were pretty fucking awesome, but....

I give homage to Tony Iommi for inventing heavy metal when he accidentally chopped his own fingertips off and instead of crying about it, made his own fucking homemade metal fingertips to fret notes. Metal was born.

Posted On:
    3/12/2011 11:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Holy Trinity, Lemmy is all three.

I see the line in the sand
    Time to find out who I am
    Looking back to see where I stand
    Evolution
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/12/2011 11:34pm at . Reason: Dedicated to Battlefields

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 3:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just in case any of you were wondering, Disturbed was FUCKING AMAZING!!

It was such a fucking good show, seriously.
    As I lay Dying were great, I'd never really heard much of thier stuff before, but am definately going to start paying attention. Trivium put on a solid fantastic preformance, I've heard them before, but it made me want to buy the album.
    But when Disturbed came on the atmosphere was incredible, I've never been to one of thier shows before, so I knew it would be good, but I didn't realise it would be sooo awesome.

Btw, we had seats, which I was kind of glad of, because I have trouble dealing with being crowded like I would have been on the floor, but next time I'd like to be down there, right up near the stage.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 10:52am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad you had fun and yes, As I Lay Dying are worthy of acclaim. They tore the mosh up more than Disturbed or Trivium.

I don't know about the one you saw, but the Sydney show was tame to the point of lame, not quite pipping the point, but close. Ten years ago you weren't at a gig unless you were cracked fifteen to twenty times in the back of the head by a crowd surfer. You know how many crowd surfers I saw on Monday. One. And even that lasted all of ten seconds before the overzealous fun police tried to nab him and throw him out. I know, I know, "battlefields, why didn't you crowd surf if you thought it was lame nobody crowdsurfing?" Answer, the overzealous fucking fun police took my belt at the entrance to the arena. Apparently it was a "weapon". Granted, it is fucking spiky, but have you ever entered a mosh with pants that fit you when you were 15kg heavier? Trust me, merely standing straight is an effort trying to keep them up, let alone having my 101kg thrown on a bed of high schoolers whose malnourished video game plagued frames would smash like a Ming vase were I to breathe too close to them.

I am glad you had a good time, Sybs, but all it did for me was determine I need heavier and more hectic music, environment and vibe. I suppose some of that could be because I am sober and the emotional triggers that were once lubricated and "enhanced" are no longer there in their previous capacity.

I suppose what I am also saying is that my emotional triggers in metal are different to yours, Rabbit, as I am sure they are for everyone.

I'm hoping to see these guys soon, Deep Blue is a fucking insane album:

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 3:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Metal:

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 5:46pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I had a discussion with a friend recently about Christian metal. He is firmly in the camp of "Christians shouldn't metal". Now, considering the guy is white, Australian and used to rap, I find it comical that he has these types of preconceived notions of who should and shouldn't make music of any type they feel. You don't need to like it or listen to it if it sucks, but what if it is good? I don't like Cradle of Filth, but it has nothing to do with their beliefs (Satanism?) or lack thereof, but more to do with the fact that high pitched screaming like a bitch does nothing for me.

Ten years ago I was firmly in the camp of "Jesus Christ, please, stop your followers from playing that God awful crap trying to disguise itself as metal". Now, I am often surprised at what is Christian metal as it has come a long way.

So, what do you think, should Christians metal?

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 7:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just ask St. Peter...

Some of the best metal bands have had Christian themes, Black Sabbath and Type O Negative being (I think) the two best. These are just two examples of bands that don't seem "Christian" on the surface but clearly drew heavily from those themes.

Black Sabbath had significantly traditional religious themes and could hardly be confused with "devil worship" music by serious listeners. Most of the songs have "fire and brimstone" subject matter but are sung from the point of view of the God-fearing humans. Some of their most evil sounding songs like "Nativity in Black/N.O.B" are actually about recognizing/avoiding evil. Tony Iommi wore a huge cross on stage in almost every performance. While the rest of the world was going hippie and praying to the Sun, Sabbath was singing "Oh God please help me" from evil, slithering horror.

TON, on the other hand, epitomized the Christian metalhead in a way no other band ever has (or could, imho). Peter Steele went from being, in his own words, a "hypo-Christian", to devout atheist, and then to a clearly orthodox Catholic a few years before his untimely death to heart failure.

TON is considered one of the greatest metal bands of all time, and many consider them to be symbolic of heavy, dark-themed Christian music. In fact one of their most controversial songs, "Christian Woman" is the only song in history that I can think of that combines Jesus worship with masturbation.

God Bless, St. Peter.

So yeah, Christians are metal.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/30/2011 7:18pm at .