pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    [SIZE=5]To me, great metal requires three things: classical riffs, a thunderous wall of distorted sound, and epic vocals.

By epic vocals I mean Dio, Ozzy, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Dave Mustaine, Phil Anselmo epic. Each of these metal gods differentiated their band's sound due to vocals. Their music was metal, but it was also...musical.
    You should listen to the Beacons album by Cloudkicker. No vocals, still good.

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 8:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, elitist attitudes like some of those presented above remind me of the guys at school who would only listen to AC/DC and Metallica. Anything else was crap, according to them. Guess what? They grew up and now they suggest bands for me to listen to. I suggest to everyone who thinks that metal should be something (and only that something) to grow the **** up.

I hate some of those so called "epic" vocals described above (maybe it is because I am jealous that I can't sing that high, I am willing to concede, but the lyrics, man, I cannot get into some of those lyrics), but do I denigrate them? Do I say, "because I don't like the lyrical style, or the fact that some of them sound like they are wearing pants too tight for their balls, they are not metal, because I think metal should be a certain way and that does not include falsetto singing about some faraway land where a fantastical creature is preparing scrolls to be handed down to some mythical beast"? No, I don't. I strongly dislike it, but if someone thinks that is metal and it has the make up of metal, then it might just be fucking metal.

But the so called "de evolution of the genre", or crapification, WR, dude, STFU. I used to be like that, listen to fifteen seconds of some new band, decide "this **** is fucked, everything was better in my day, you could hear the lyrics, and what is with those double kicks, back in my day double kicks were used to accentuate, don't get me started on that guitaring, is he trying to solo through the whole song" and think I was some fucking legend because I was into metal before it became all mainstream to be metal. But then I threw away my zimmer frame and paradoxically grew up and embraced aspects of the new generation.

I admit, some of what I hear is crap from the newcomers, but just like the bands we hold in high respect and have nostalgic memories of back in the day, they too had bullshit that, if it weren't for it being extremely difficult to skip a track on cassette, we could have done without. Jeet Kune Do philosophy is applicable here: Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless. I have found some absolute gems in bands that just five years ago I was turning my nose up at because I had some fucked egotistical view of what is metal.

It is pathetic to listen to idiots denying progress. Your metal attuned ear is tone deaf and your aficionado status is self issued, you smug fucks. There are only a few experts on metal whose opinion on what is and what isn't would be worth a damn. Some of them are dead (RIP Dimebag) and the ones alive aren't on this website, that's for damn sure.

Most of this is directed at you, WR, because seriously, man, STFU. You taught yourself to play metal on your Les Paul?! Who gives a ****? Looks like another case of you considering yourself an expert with little basis. I taught myself to sing, does that make me a fucking bluebird?!

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    tl;dr
    About battlefields

Primary Style Stronglifts 5x5
    Location Australia, Land of Oz
    Other Interests and Information: Vocalising for two metal bands.
    Ah, now look who has their panties in a knot and why...

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2011 8:12pm at .

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 8:44pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good answer, you fucking sped.

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good answer, you fucking sped.
    I'm sorry was I supposed to answer something?

No, I wasn't.

Post some metal or leave thread. Thank.

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 8:55pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything I post is metal. I'm not a self styled aficionado, I am metal. GTFO of my thread.

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything I post is metal. I'm not a self styled aficionado, I am metal. GTFO of my thread.
    OK dude you're metal we get it.

Now post something good like I've been posting 30 years of good metal. \m/-

Post yourself at a gig or something, maybe you kick some ass and I'd bow faithfully.

I like evolved metal too. Here is more Mastodon.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2011 9:10pm at .

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 9:29pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, fuckstick, "we" don't need to get it, you do. Stop acting like you are a representative of the collective of Bullshido and pretending like they are behind you in your nonchalant dismissal of my scathing rebuke of your idiotic and pathetic diatribe against the new generation of metal. They might well be in agreement with you, but unless they come out in force to back you up, you should stop acting like you always have on this site, aloof and untouchable, and realise you are not only entirely fallible, but as in most other cases, straight up fucking wrong. Man up and face your retardedness.

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 11:39pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You, sir, are acting like a big fucking poseur.

Post some metal already....and for the LOVE OF THE BLOOD GOD quit whining about me. Whining about other people is not very metal.

Here's a metal version of Toccata and Fugue in Dm by Johann, because that's how I roll.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2011 11:58pm at .

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's pretty silly to try to paint me as ranting against new metal bands, given some of the great circa 2000-2011 metal I've posted so far. I was ranting against shitty vocalists. If anyone internalized that..please seek help.

I think these guys are pretty metal, they are not very big in the US but should be.