vietcongfu

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 7:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, Vo Binh Dinh, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    Interestingly enough, Uncle Vin called his system vovinam, Vietnamese Kung fu. However, looking at you list, it sounded as though we did more Vo tay son or Ho ba chun. We tended to use elbows and knees a lot as well as a lot of tiger crane work. So I am not sure if what he taught was specifically Vovinam or if he just used a more popular name to describe what he was teaching. Thanks for the info.

I believe that you trained under a really great master. Where was this? I was taught this too!!! But my Master's name was not Uncle Vin. And he knew some incredible stuff!!! of course a lot of elbows, but you mentioned Ho ba chun, we called it Vo Tan Khanh -same thing. That's very special. I mean you must be very special. I'm really surprised!!! I didn't know there were other masters who are still around that practiced this. A lot of those masters were imprisoned and played dumb like they don't know how to fight! Many of those great masters are 80s or 90s or even 100s. The Art of Invisibility.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtran
    I believe that you trained under a really great master. Where was this? I was taught this too!!! But my Master's name was not Uncle Vin. And he knew some incredible stuff!!! of course a lot of elbows, but you mentioned Ho ba chun, we called it Vo Tan Khanh -same thing. That's very special. I mean you must be very special. I'm really surprised!!! I didn't know there were other masters who are still around that practiced this. A lot of those masters were imprisoned and played dumb like they don't know how to fight! Many of those great masters are 80s or 90s or even 100s. The Art of Invisibility.
    Uncle Vin was my good friend's uncle...hence Uncle Vin. :toothy9: I studied with him when I lived in Springfield, IL. Many...many...many..years ago. I was not special in any way shape of form, I was just very good friends with his nephew, which I spent so much time with his family that I just became one of the fixtures at the house. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Cuong Nhu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cuong Nhu in Raleigh

You said: "vovinam and cuong nhu: recent "eclectic" POS styles"

My Cuong Nhu School is in Raleigh NC. I invite you to come by and train with us and learn more about us.
    I would like to know what you are basing your opinion on to call us POS?

www.RaleighMAC.com - I would like the opportunity to share the style of Cuong Nhu with you more.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 4:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dumb-ass.

Check the date of the post you're attempting to reply too
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234