Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 3:24pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done breaking with the ball of the foot. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I don't like kicking that way in general though because the tension of pulling my toes back slows my kicks down.

As for his stance. It looks exactly like an old style Muay Thai stance. I'm betting he would have a terrible time with an evasive fighter that uses boxing style footwork. Also, that hand position isn't that great if he isn't going to strike directly from it. He seems to bring his hands toward his body a lot before he strikes. That just can't be faster.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 5:41pm

Style: Freestyle Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the insight very informative, good read. and sorry about the stance i got my info from this article.

Kikuno’s karate stylings are further enhanced by the “sanchin dachi” hourglass stance, from which he deliberately and rigidly stalks opponents. Aside from being difficult to read, it gives Kikuno a wider field of vision than the traditional boxing stance, along with quicker firing and recoil times for his punches and kick combinations. Like the crescent kick, however, Kikuno asserts that he has not yet perfected it, citing his desire to improve his mobility from the stance.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...i-Kikuno-24879

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 5:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite thing about Kikuno's style, for the record, is his liberal use of the for-damage front kick, not just the push-kick most people in mma use (if they even use any straight kicks at all).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 9:32pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by serey View Post
    thanks for the insight very informative, good read. and sorry about the stance i got my info from this article.

Kikuno’s karate stylings are further enhanced by the “sanchin dachi” hourglass stance, from which he deliberately and rigidly stalks opponents. Aside from being difficult to read, it gives Kikuno a wider field of vision than the traditional boxing stance, along with quicker firing and recoil times for his punches and kick combinations. Like the crescent kick, however, Kikuno asserts that he has not yet perfected it, citing his desire to improve his mobility from the stance.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...i-Kikuno-24879
    Well, I think the problem was you were reading Sheerdog.

I mean, who does that?

OT: This Kikuno guy is a badass. All of his little ticks and mistakes seem to just be lures so he can work his counter techniques like a genius.

It's really quite impressive to me.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 1:04am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah the funny thing is people talk about him "stalking" people but he is obviously a counter fighter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12