Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 10:06pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eleetness151 View Post
    if you don't know what it is, then you havn't tried it and do not have an answer.
    First off way to make a major dick move like giving a snarky answer to a moderator, to be fair I did a similar gaff but at least partially redeamed myself by being useful after. I'd suggest the post less and read more option but seeing as you have a join date in 2007 and only 36 posts I would have to assume that idea isn't sinking in. So let me just suggest you step lightly and never post less than a paragraph when starting a topic.

Second I would have to say that the idea of "overspeed training" is a good way to wreck your joints not increase your speed. When its done correctly it is usually by trained, highlevel atheletes under the supervision of a coach and frankly they still run the risk of ending up with long term joint damage anyway. Unless your an elite level boxer you shouldn't even be considering hairbrained schemes like this.

If your looking for opinions about this type of training just as general interest well there is mine. If your asking because you want to use this type of training then I suggest you don't do it. Course no one ever listens to good advice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 11:42pm

Style: Yang Mian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey,
    Its not a bad idea, it is a legitimate training method. Although you would need a wall with 2 bungee cord things sticking out...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 11:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to clarify something. Calling a moderator an asshole, or disagreeing with him or her is never a problem. After all this is Bullshido and Phrost does not pick thin-skinned members to be moderators.

However, when a moderator or staff member is discussing forum policy, that is a different issue. Certain fora, like the PT forum or MABS, have specific criteria for posting in them. When someone on staff is advising you, the poster, of this criteria, it is not because we like to read what we type. It is because you have posted in a manner that is contradictory to established forum guidelines, and, despite what you might think, we'd prefer not to spend all our time on this site explaining the rules to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 12:06am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdang View Post
    Hey,
    Its not a bad idea, it is a legitimate training method. Although you would need a wall with 2 bungee cord things sticking out...
    Resistance band training and what the OP describes are not the same thing, actually.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 12:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get what you are saying, but i thought I was being attacked because of your tone. Any ways I was hoping there would be more than plyometrics/complex training and power lifting when it came to increasing speed. I read about the joint problems that can occur when it is used for running. How ever if a bungee cord is used for punching, it will pull less and less as you get closer to full extion.

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 12:47am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP How long have you been training and in what?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 1:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been training off and on for years. I started when I was 9 with kenpo and japanese ju jitsu. I wrestled in high school all four years. I boxed for a year and half. I did judo for a year and BJJ for a year and a half. a little bit of escrima and muy thai.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 1:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their also was some time sparring in back yards too. If you want to count that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 1:47am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eleetness151 View Post
    Any ways I was hoping there would be more than plyometrics/complex training and power lifting when it came to increasing speed. .
    And you've tried all that stuff and you've completely plateaued and you're only the second fastest puncher in the world and you want to beat number one?

How many different ways to train the same attribute will satisfy you?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast