Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 12:57am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Impact FC's first event in Brisbane, Australia- results

Impact Fighting Championships held its first event, dubbed “Uprising,” in Brisbane, Australia, on Saturday. It may have been the promotion’s debut, but veteran fighters were out in full force at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Josh Barnett marked his first fight in the Land Down Under with a TKO stoppage midway through the opening round.

Karo Parisyan, a UFC veteran, made his first start in a year and a half, submitting late replacement Ben Mortimer with a rear naked choke late in the second round. Karo apparently had an anxiety attack and they pushed his fight to be the first one on the card, even before the prelims.
    The Impact FC promoter wants to take the show to Brazil in September and plans to go worldwide in 2011.

Quick results
    -Josh Barnett def. Geronimo Dos Santos by TKO (Strikes) at 2:35, R1
    -Brian Ebersole def. Carlos Newton by Unanimous Decision, R3
    -Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou def. Joaquim Ferreira by TKO (Strikes) at 1:20, R1
    -Jeff Monson def. Ubiritan Lima Marinho by Unanimous Decision
    -Thiago Meller def. Jai Bradney by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 1:32, R1
    -Fabio Fernandes def. Api Hemara by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:58, R1
    -Tom Waters vs. Jacob Mahony by TKO (Strikes) at 1:38, R2
    -Karo Parisyan def. Ben Mortimer by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:18, R2
    Source: UG.

[italics is stuck] I am looking forward to the Sydney show so i can give first hand information to bullshido.net.

How about Parisyan having an anxiety attack? Does anybody have more info on this?

Also, Jai Bradney, one of the headlining fighters on Australian local cards, beaten by guillotine in the first round. I hope any other local talent has better luck.

I wonder if they will approach "Big Daddy" Lucas Browne? Dude is a monster.
    Last edited by battlefields; 7/12/2010 1:01am at . Reason: Edit: light on content, rectified.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 7:36am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

How about Parisyan having an anxiety attack? Does anybody have more info on this?
    I dunno anything about Karo's panic attacks, exept that they happen unexpectedly. However, kudos to Karo for coming out ahead under such circumstances. It's good to know that Judo works when you're having panic attacks (I have at least one every day ;) )