Administrator

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 9:35am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cherok View Post

clearly you are a retard... there was never a takedown. i assume since you've made it this far in life you are able to read. head over to the IBJJF site, read the rules and use your years of internet douche-baggery to parse and cram that knowledge in a place large enough to hold it... :thefinger
    Not a retard just very opinionated about the asstastic rules from the IBJFF. I can't help it that you don't like throws or takedowns. He tried to get up and get away. He didn't try to roll in my opinion.

Take it like a person tryies to shoot and tries to fall back in guard and fails where the person ends up being side controlled. Guard was never established but according to your opinion there was no take down.

So you're saying if I try this throw:
    YouTube- ‪O Soto Makikomi‬‎

But white counters via sprawl and ends up on top white scores no points if my knee hits the ground first? Problem with you and the other fucking moron, hanno, that unlike you I come from several different perspectives.

PS: My idiot remark was done in humor. Referee job is the most fucked job out there. If your opinion disagrees with mine I completely understand your view point. I really am just playing devil's advocate on this.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Not a retard just very opinionated about the asstastic rules from the IBJFF.
    can't argue w/ you on this! the rules are contrary in places. i would personally say that a "turtle" IS a guard and should be treated as such. so we are on the same plane when it comes to the logic of the rules and that they have a lot to be desired!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless;
    PS: My idiot remark was done in humor. Referee job is the most fucked job out there. If your opinion disagrees with mine I completely understand your view point. I really am just playing devil's advocate on this.
    hrmm... then please consider my retard comment moot. apparently my troll detector apparently is broken :eusa_whis :hiding:

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 4:30pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A couple of suggestions: (both of which, I'm sure, are heresy): abolish points for guard passing and give solely for position (including side control/north south); or consider a turtle turnover as a sweep.

If I understand BJJ rules correctly, if the top player had dove under the bottom guys legs into a kind of guard and then turned him over he would have scored points (like some Judo turnovers). That's kind of screwy.

(And, damn, that was some shitty stand up).

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 4:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friends standup makes me cry sometimes. When he's NOT in competition he has great wrestling, strong takedowns, etc... He's a pretty solid 4 year wrestler. The second he gets in competition he gets all cautious and just WILL NOT pull the trigger. We're working on it with him. Hopefully next time out he'll be willing to be more aggressive because of this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    however, the only thing i've seen high-level is the lack of reading and comprehension skills.
    Considering your mistake that led to this thread, and that you needed it explained, I guess we are all in the same boat.

;)
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/09/2010 5:48pm at .

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Considering your mistake that led to this thread, and that you needed it explained, I guess we are all in the same boat.

;)
    i think i understand what you are trying to say (i'm not fully able to comprehend what i just read)... but don't forget. someone else needed it explained. it's always been clear to me what was/is going on :icon_thum

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 6:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think i understand what you are trying to say (i'm not fully able to comprehend what i just read)... but don't forget. someone else needed it explained. it's always been clear to me what was/is going on :icon_thum
    Exactly.

Every body had bad comprehension. Points were awarded points were taken away. You had it pointed out and people on this thread had it pointed out.

Will everyone agree? Hell no.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 6:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 2:07pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to rez, but I'm curious...

"A-) TAKE DOWNS: Any kind of knocking down the opponent or being taken down on his back side, 2 points. If the athlete is thrown to the ground and does not land on his back, the thrower must pin him to the ground in the same position for at least 3 seconds to gain the points of the take down."

Looks to me like the stuffed throw counts as a takedown because the guy may not land on his backside as stated above, but is held in the position he was taken down in for 3 seconds. Unless I misread that rule that's 2 pts.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 7:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^^^^^
    A-) TAKE DOWNS: Any kind of knocking down the opponent or being taken down on his back side, 2 points. If the athlete is thrown to the ground and does not land on his back, the thrower must pin him to the ground in the same position for at least 3 seconds to gain the points of the take down.
    Observation 1: the take down that lands outside of the fighting area and on to the security area will be valid as long as the athlete that applied it stood with both feet in the fighting area while making the take down.
    Observation 2: If the athlete has one of his knees on the ground and is taken down, whoever applied the take down will be awarded 2 points as long as he has both his feet on the ground. If the athlete has both his knees on the ground and is knocked down the standing athlete will have to pass to his side and maintain this position to receive an advantage.
    Observation 3: When the athlete attempts the double leg and the opponent sits on the floor and executes a sweep, the athlete who attempted the takedown will not receive points, but the one who executed the sweep will.
    Observation 4: When a competitor throws his opponent and ends up in a bottomposition the competitor throwing will receive 2 points and the opponent on top will receive an advantage. If the competitor executing the throw lands in his opponents guard and is swept, both will receive 2 points

Look at observation 2 - Blue clearly has both knees on the ground when the "takedown" is initiated (turtle position) - According to the rules it's advantage only, no points.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast