Sponsored Links Spacer Image

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When did you answer? My iPhone sucks, and thus I may have missed something.

As i was, I found it.

I apologize for my prior rudeness. It was likely unwarranted, and I'd like to thank you for your service.

Why do you have such a bad opinion of recruiters, then?
    Last edited by 3moose1; 7/26/2010 4:32pm at .

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apology accepted. And I apologize for my harsh judgment of you. I have nothing but respect for the Corps. I hope AFG quiets down before you get there.

It's not so much that I dislike recruiters. In fact, I've never met a recruiter that I didn't like personally. The thing is, they have a job to do, which involves a certain amount of salesmanship.

One of my senior NCOs says it best: "No one cares about you more than you." You have a goal in mind that may differ from your recruiter's. Be careful and get **** in writing.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first recruiter was a complete toolbag. Ended up just walking the **** out of his station, and into another one. Their 1SG had to call me up and talk about it because there is some kind of "ownership" of potential recruits within the same city.

The second recruiter was chillin in his office alone about 6pm when I got off work one day. I sat down and talked to him. He told me all the paperwork I needed to get, and 2 weeks later I was at the MEPS station. I made his job real easy and he did everything he said he was going to do. But my situation was *VERY* different than 99% of the people that go into the recruiting station.

In fact he emailed me about a year ago asking for pictures and stuff for a book he was putting together - sort of a "real life ****" of people he put in. Kinda cool.

Getting back to the original topic:

Based on your ASVAB and grades/graduation you fall into categories. If you are smart, did well in school, graduated, and have a high ASVAB score you can get anything you want. If you fucked up, got in trouble, and have a real low ASVAB score then your options are limited. And these recruiters putting you in fill their quotas based on your category. If they manage to recruit and officer going to OCS then they are golden for a while - but if you need a waiver just to get in, you are just a drop in the bucket. Not worth a lot of points to them.

Just don't sign anything unless it is exactly what you want.

Oh...and just so you know - this is a big commitment. Not one to be entered into lightly. I am seeing a lot of fucking pussies coming out of AIT these days who think that because they aren't an 11B they don't have to train hard or develop basic Soldier skills. Anybody can die to an IED in a convoy. Take the job seriously or someone like me will step on your neck.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 10:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: DZR JJJ / MMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Patience is a virtue. I waited around and 68w popped up. Got the job reserved, but MEPS couldn't get me a waiver for an eye surgery I had 20 years ago, so the reservation expired. The day after it expired another batch of slots opened up, so not only did I get 68w again, but I also secured an Airborne spot. Aced the ASVAB, passed the physical and swore in yesterday.

I ship to Ft. Benning Jan 31st.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I would kill my grandma for a shot at jump school.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 5:11pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by apollyondestrud View Post
    Patience is a virtue. I waited around and 68w popped up. Got the job reserved, but MEPS couldn't get me a waiver for an eye surgery I had 20 years ago, so the reservation expired. The day after it expired another batch of slots opened up, so not only did I get 68w again, but I also secured an Airborne spot. Aced the ASVAB, passed the physical and swore in yesterday.

Awesome. Congratulations and good luck.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 10:17pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Awesome. I'm glad Bullshido was able to help you on this. After Benning Ft. Sam will be a breeze.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 10:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Congtats! Sounds like you're on your way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 10:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: DZR JJJ / MMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    You know, I would kill my grandma for a shot at jump school.
    I'll be sure to remember that.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the insight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 9:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern army combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude if u wanna be a medic then be a medic. you can join as that mos, u may not get a sign on bonus but o well. just like when i joined my recruiter told me that mos wasnt open but i kept pressing the issue and got that mos i didnt get a sign on bonus but got the job i wanted. but if u dont get it then later down the road switch to that mos and they will send u to that ait
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast