Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2010 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu/ju/kettlebells/cma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lu Tze, no worries, my fault for posting a derail comment, and fwiw, I thought your original post was really funny.

MMAMickey and Ronin, thank you very much for the information, very interesting.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/08/2010 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of sanctioning bodies in Europe and America don't allow elbows for a lot of none professional bouts, maybe that's what he meant?

Edit: No worries here mate, sometimes it's good to be made to look an ass, makes you think more and post less.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2010 9:22pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    A lot of sanctioning bodies in Europe and America don't allow elbows for a lot of none professional bouts, maybe that's what he meant?

Edit: No worries here mate, sometimes it's good to be made to look an ass, makes you think more and post less.
    He said his style didn't use them because of the fact that a lot of tournaments didn't allow them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2010 9:47pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    back to Pens question of dutch vs thai styles.

Compare the previous video of Ramon with Buakaw, notice his boxing skills.
    YouTube- Buakaw por Pramuk

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ramon Dekkers has good hands and is Dutch, however, his style is actually much closer to Thai style than Dutch style muaythai. His stance is very square, his footwork is gradual and stalking and he throws fast hard head and body kicks. This kind of makes sense since he spent many years competing in Thailand and probably did a lot of training with Thai coaches.

Tyrone Spong and Andy Souwer are two good examples of Dutch muaythai. I don't know of any MMA fighters that use the Thai style muaythai.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 12:09am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Thailand is on which continent?

A: Europe
    B: Asia
    C: How could it be Asia, that's just China, Korea and Japan right? Excuse me while I chug a bottle of bleach and waste the free, first class education afforded me as a citizen of the richest country Earth has ever known.
    Dude. Everyone knows it's just china. All asians are chinese. They all look the same, eat the same food and come from the same giant chunk of land.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 11:03am

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    Ramon Dekkers has good hands and is Dutch, however, his style is actually much closer to Thai style than Dutch style muaythai. His stance is very square, his footwork is gradual and stalking and he throws fast hard head and body kicks. This kind of makes sense since he spent many years competing in Thailand and probably did a lot of training with Thai coaches.

Tyrone Spong and Andy Souwer are two good examples of Dutch muaythai. I don't know of any MMA fighters that use the Thai style muaythai.
    I don't know if Andy Souwer is a good example since he comes from shoot boxing. I'd imagine Peter Aerts and Remy Bonjasky to be prime examples of Dutch style Muay Thai
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123